Chapter VIII (8)

I walk casually backstage as soon as the concert ended. I smile at one of the security guards.

    “Ames, Harry’s searching for you.” Gale, one of the guards informs me.

    “Oh, okay then. Is he in the VIP room?” I ask, making sure.

He nods, agreeing with what I said and I continue my journey there. You’ve noticed that the guards know me. Well, when we came to this studio, the boys and Paul introduced me to all the security guards who are guarding the concert as Harry’s wife. I believe that they don’t want the same ‘incident’ happened.

I didn’t complain anything to Paul, but somehow… someone told Paul to do it. I enter the room with a knock and look at the people in it. Yep, the boys (minus Harry) and few girls.

    “Hello.” I greet them all and quickly turn my heels around to walk out again.

There’s no way I'm going to spoil the girls’ moments with them. Well, also mainly that one of schoolmate is there…

    “Ames?” she asks.

Oh no... I scrunch my nose and take a deep breath before I turn around. But, as soon as I was about to turn around, Harry greets me.

    “I've been looking for you.” He declares.

    “Of course you have.” I mutter.

He pulls me in and I wave a teeny weeny wave at my schoolmate, Abigail. Well, frankly speaking, Abigail and I don’t really get along. I'm surprised that she knew my name!

    “You… you’re the one who gave me the concert ticket!” the other girl confirms.

    “Yeah, I am and hi Abigail.” I say and fake smile.

    “What are you doing here?” she asks… rather bitchily. [A/N: sorry for my BAD, BAD word! I just can’t think of anything to describe her way of speaking… :’(]

I open my mouth to answer but Louis race me to it.

    “And who are you to talk to her in that attitude?” Louis asks and raises one of his brows.

Secretly, he and Harry high-five at the back of Louis’ body. I roll my eyes. Louis is never serious.

    “Well… well… I'm—”

    “You don’t need to answer that. She’s our friend.” Liam says and put his arm around my shoulder and tugs on it a bit.

It really confuses me. How come when anyone else does that I don’t feel anything? But when Harry does it I feel… nervous, anxious… and blushy? It’s just… what’s happening to me? I bite on my lower lip and concentrate on the table that I just realised is pretty plain.

    “So, uh, I'll just go. See you guys… later.” I say and quickly walk away and close the door before any of the boys—or girls come after me.

I really need some time alone. But I couldn’t. Paul Higgins wants to see me. I say my thanks to the guards who informed me about it.

I knock on the door nearby and enter as soon as I'm permitted.

    “Ames! I have some good news for you.” He starts his speech.

    “Oh, okay.” I say and sit on the sofa.

    “You just got an interview with Sugarscape.” He says excitedly.

I raise an eyebrow. Who’s the heck is Sugarscape? Why do I have to interview with them? Screw that, why is that even a good news?