Chapter 28 xx

I wake up by the sun blinding my eyelid-covered eyes.

    “Rise and shine!” Emilee’s cheery voice speaks.

I sit up from the sofa that I’ve slept on and uncover myself from the blanket that someone must’ve put on me while I sleep.

    “What time is it?” I ask, covering my yawn.

    “Seven o’clock.” She simply states and opens the blinds.

    “Are you crazy Em?! It’s Sunday.” I say, groaning and lay back down on the sofa.

    “I'm just pregnant but I'm still sane,” she jokes “and you’ll need extra time to beautify yourself.”

I look at her blankly.

    “Are you implying that I'm ugly?” I ask, as soon as her words register my brain.

    “Your words, not mine.” She says and shrugs her shoulder carelessly “I'm just kidding, come on. You’re one pretty lady.”

 I roll my eyes and poke my tongue out at her. She places her hands on her hips.

    “Let’s go shopping!” Emilee says excitedly.

    “But I just went yesterday.” I protest.

    “Tough, come on.” she says, dragging my arms upstairs into my room “Get yourself ready.”

I stare at her flatly as she walks out of my room with her tongue poking out of her mouth. Typical Emilee.

I enter the bathroom with a towel and strip myself before entering the shower. My aim for the concert is to not stand out as much. You know how some directioners when they’re at the boys’ concert, they’ll wear neon colours or glow in the dark whatever or something that’s striking. I squeeze the chocolate body wash on my palm.

I smile at the smell and wash myself. I turn the shower off and wrap myself with the towel. I walk out of the bathroom, grabbing a smaller towel on the way and rub my hair dry. I open my closet door; still rubbing my hair, I make an eye tour.

Finally, I pull out a soft pink with baby blue sleeves jumper-like shirt along with a pair of light blue jeans. I put it on myself and put black stockings on and grab a pink wedge heels before walking out of my room.

    “You look gorgeous, come on.” she says picking Claire up.

I smile at Claire who waves at me like a mad woman.

    “Morning my lady.” I say, bowing, which receives a major giggles from Claire.

 I put on the heels outside and enter the car. I'll be driving, obviously. Jack won’t let his favourite woman, who’s pregnant, to drive a car. That’s how cautious a guy can be.

I finally park the car after three times looking for one empty spot. I turn off the engine and walk out.

    “So, Em, where are we heading?” I ask, locking the car.

    “You don’t need to worry. Just follow me.” She says and holds onto Claire’s hand.

Claire holds her other hand out for me to grab. I grab it and we enter Carousel. Today was a bit calmer than usual. It’s still crowded, but not as much.

Emilee finally stops when we reach a hair salon. I give her a flat stare.

    “What are we doing here?” I ask.