Chapter 1: The Sea

Bright yellow rays shining on my face with a warm breeze gently blowing my hair out of my face. I close my eyes and inhale the sweet smell of the ocean. Ever since I was little I was always drawn to the water. The eeriness and mystery of what lurks in such a peaceful, beautiful and calm place has always made me want to unravel them. I loved Seattle even on its rare sunny days.

"LAURAAA!!" A voice boomed through the office.

Shit, so much for calm and peaceful I thought as I scrambled to grab my folders and paperwork off my desk and rush to the board room where I heard my boss yell my name. Yes, this is me Laura Bell, Marine biologist for Gold enterprise and Mr. Golds assistant. I am your typical blonde hair, blue eyed, 5'5" average 25 year old. I worked hard during my internship to land this job permanently. I am also an avid day dreamer which makes me late sometimes and I really should not be late to this meeting my boss is not going to be happy.

As I approach the big glass doors to the board room I see my boss James Gold CEO of Gold enterprise, number one in marine and aquatic discoveries and the fishing industry. Mr. Gold is about 6'5" with dark brown hair, tanned God-like skin, and dark brown piercing eyes. I swear he is the most intimidating man I have ever met.

"Laura you were supposed to be here five minutes ago and you know how much I hate waiting." He hissed

"I'm sorry sir I had to finalize and copy a few more documents" I lied plastering on my most sincere and apologetic smile

"Don't let it happen again or I will force you to have dinner with me to keep your job and make up for my lost time" Mr. Gold said with a smirk and lust-filled eyes

Did I forget to mention Mr. Gold is a complete playboy and sleeps with any and every woman he deems as beautiful. He has been trying to get me to go out to dinner with him since he hired me six months ago. And let's just say I would rather be stranded at sea than go on a date with him. Don't get me wrong he's gorgeous but looks can only go so far.

"Now we wouldn't want me wasting my time on a dinner date with you sir." I replied while rolling my eyes and slipping past him into the board room before he could reply.

As I walked through the doors. I was greeted by the four board members, Mr. Sullivan who was in his 60's with grey hair and a grumpy face to match. He is in charge of the fishing department. Then there's Mr. Wyatt who was in his mid 50's with salt and pepper hair who is always happy and polite. He is in charge of the aquatic discovery department who's main goal is to find new species and better fishing waters. Mr. Johnson is the most intimidating one he's built and looks like a bodyguard and is around his early 40's. He never smiles or shows hardly any emotion and he's the lead diver for the discovery team as well as the best angler. I swear when sharks see him they swim away in fear. Lastly is Mr. Hook, yes the irony is hysterical because he is the captain of The Beast the main ship for our fishing industry. Mr. Hook has a great sense of humor especially considering his name and occupation yet when Mr. Gold is around he is as hard as Mr. Johnson and Mr. Sullivan.

"Good Morning gentleman, I apologize for the delay." I exclaimed

"Good Morning Ms. Bell" replied Mr. Wyatt

"How is my favorite marine biologist doing?" Exclaimed Mr. Hook

I managed to get a nod from Mr. Johnson

"It's about time" snarled Mr. Sullivan.

Just as I was about to reply to Mr. Hook, Mr.Gold came in stared at me coldly then turned his attention toward the board members and said "Alright we have a lot to discuss and we are already running late Ms. Bell please start."

I nodded my head, brushed some of my hair behind my ear and started. "Alright gentlemen we called this meeting due to several of our fishing ships disappearing off the coast of Alaska. We were only able to recover one of the four ships to have gone missing. We found no one aboard as well as damage to the hull and propellers causing the ship to be immobile. With radio connections spotty due to the remoteness of their location we doubt they were able to radio for help and are unsure of what happened to the crew that was aboard."