Family Affairs

The rest of the week passed quietly,Chihiro attended lectures, finished essays and generally got on with things

The rest of the week passed quietly,Chihiro attended lectures, finished essays and generally got on with things. She was looking forward to her time away with Linca. Linca herself was in "plan" mode everything was listed and itemised even the average amount of petrol they would use. Glancing at a map Linca announced.

"Hey we are going to pass within 10 Km of your home."

"Oh yes?" said Chihiro dreading where this was going.

"Why don't we drop by for an hour or two and surprise them?"

"I don't think so Linca," Chihiro frowned.

"Why not?" the blond asked.

"Err...we don't see eye to eye." She mumbled.

"So who does with their parents? Come on, you have not seen them since you changed subject. They are bound to be worried."

"They always worry," Chihiro said.

"Well this is a chance to set their minds at rest, isn't it? Maybe your mind too." Linca put her head on one side.

"Maybe your right," Chihiro nodded. "In fact, I'm sure you are and if they get on my case I can show you the sites of my hometown for an hour or so, just until they simmer down." She creased her brow, "it may not be much fun for you though." Linca waved her hand.

"Nonsense, anyone who had you can't be all bad." Chihiro laughed.

"You're just making sure I don't change my mind. What are you my conscience or something? First, you try to help me get a life and now you want me to make up with my parents. Are you my guardian spirit?" Chihiro laughed but Linca just gave a tight smile. She then shook herself and said.

"Well I will see you at 9 am sharp tomorrow. Don't be late; I want you packed and ready. Its going to take us long enough to get to your parents, let alone Kyoto." Chihiro nodded.

"I'll be ready," Chihiro made to leave. "Linca are you okay? You seem a little distant."

"Yes, yes, I'm fine, now go." Linca waved her hand in dismissal. Chihiro went back to her dorm.

Chihiro was feeling a little car sick. The radio was blaring and the day was hot and humid. Linca glanced at her for a moment, then concentrated on her driving again.

"You look a little green around the gills," she smirked.

"I don't like long car journeys," Chihiro grimaced. "I prefer to fly."

"And not in a plane!" Said the voice, she ignored it.

"Then why did you agree to come with me?" asked Linca.

"Because my only other option was Tokyo with Scott."

"Ah," said Linca. "You know you could have gone with him. I wouldn't have minded."