The Epilogue

THIS IS THE EPILOGUE BASED ON THE FINAL MINUTES OF CALVIN AND HARRIS

WHICH MADE ME CRY.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING WITH ME.

NOW I CAN UPDATE THE REST OF MY STORIES. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS AND VOTES. LOVE YOU

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Harry sweetheart, are you awake?" 

The curly lad pried  open his heavy tired eyes, wincing as the harsh piercing light of his hospital room shot through his eyes. Harry sighed, these eyes aren't what they used to be. He used to have perfect 20/20 peepers, now not so much. Aged did it to him. He now struggles to keep them peepers up. And he was easily exhausted too. As his vision became clearer and he could see the face of his aging wife sitting on the edge of his bed. Her wrinkled face smiling sadly at him. 

"Hello honey" he whispered. Even talking seems hard. 

His wife shot him a warm smile. Must be hard to see your husband on his deathbed. 

"Did you find it love?" asked Harry, his voice weak and frail. 

His wife nodded, and rummaged through her large purse, "Yes dear. I found it." 

Harry saw his darling wife gently placed an old red snapback near his bedside table. The cap had a slight dent on the top but it still looked good as new. Harry shot her a grateful smile. 

"I found it near the safe," she murmured, her voice cracking as she placed the cap on her husband hand. 

"Thank you Diana," Harry whispered. 

Diana watched as her husband's face lit up as he felt the fabric of the cap. His bony tired fingers trailing over the hems of the snapback. He then handed her back the cap. 

"Honey, can you tell me what does it smell like? I can't seem to smell it with this oxygen mask" he joked, sadly pointing to the plastic mask over his mouth and nose.

Diana took the cap from his hand and smelled it. Strangely it still smelled of Vanilla and Honey. Weird considering no one touched it in probably a million years. 

"It smells like vanilla and honey dear," she whispered. 

Harry smiled and closed his eyes. Honey and Vanilla. A flash of gold and blue struck his mind's eye.

They sat in comfortable silence as Harry just sat on his hospital bed while his wife rubbed his cold hands. The life extender machine was the only thing keeping Harry alive. She knew he wasn't going to last very long. 

"Love, would you mind leaving me alone with Niall? I would love to catch up with him" said Harry. 

"Of course honey. I'll bet he misses talking to you too" said Diana, holding back tears. "I'll just be outside with the rest of the family. I'll be back soon." 

Diana kissed Harry's forehead and rubbed her hand on his thick but now white hair. How over the years they still remained curly and thick. Harry placed a hand on hers. Rubbing his skin against her for the very last few times. He shot her his most sincerest and loving smile he could muster. 

"I love you Diana" 

Biting through sobs, "I love you too." 

Diana turned and left the room. Harry saw tears already streaming from her face as she walked out. He was so grateful to have her as a wife. She was always so loving and kind, and the best partner anyone could ever wish for. Once the door closed, his hands grazed to the snapback again.