Chasing The Truth

After telling my mom that a friend was in dire need of my exsistence right now, she allowed me to go reluctantly, making me promise to be back home before eleven. I wanted to tell her that when Ren wanted me, something as measly as a curfew wouldn't stop him. He would eventually get his way, something he proved with Trudy over and over again.

The part of town that the address sent me to was extremely shady and I made sure I locked the car when I got out and made my way toward the abandoned warehouse that stood before me. What could he clearly want to take care of in an abandoned warehouse? Because if it was what I think it was, he could just forget about it. There was no way he was getting that from me, especially in this run down place.

When I approached the doors, I immediately hear voices. More than one voice and I knew that Ren wasn't alone. Infact it sounded like a party in there. Before I went in, I at least wanted to check out what he was planning. There was a window on the side of the building and underneath a crate. I easily stepped up and peered through a grimy window.

Ren was sitting on a musty looking plaid couch, scrolling through his phone. By the look on his face, he wasn't satisfied with what he saw and shoved the phone in his pocket. The most shocking was the fact that surrounding him on the couch was Koria, Gia, and Journey. Koria was sitting beside him slouched over in an relaxed and bored position while sipping a drink, Gia stood behind him playing with a curl that hung infront his eyes, and Journey sat in his lap trying oh so hard, pathetic really, to get his attention. While I tried so hard to fight it, I couldn't hold off the pang of jealously that rang in the pit of me. In this moment I hated Ren for making me feel this way.

"Bring him in." Ren growled, his voice emotionless and empty as he pushes Journey off of him like a rag doll. The fearful voice sent a shiver through my spine as I swiped at the window, smearing dirt away. Journey shouts profanities at him but still stands up behind him possessively, marking her territory to an unseen force. Ren doesn't seem to like this very mch, the fact that Journey thinks she owns him, so he orders one of his men to take them away, telling them that he would talk to them later about what they did.

Two guys, a little older than Ren, with buff arms and stoic faces burst in from a back room, holding onto a struggling blonde boy around my age, his eyes covered with what looked like a black bandana and his mouth concealed wtih black duct tape. I keep the smirk on my face, realizing that Ren might know that I'm watching and might be playing a trick on me.

Ren inclines his head toward the boy silently, and the two guys ripped the duct tape from his mouth viciously and snatched the bandana from his eyes. I didn't know who the guy was but he seemed vaguely familiar with gleaming moss green eyes, tousled blonde hair and a beautifully sculpted face. There was no way this could be a joke now because I was definitely not laughing.

The boys speaks as I watch in horror. "Why are doing this, Ren?" He asks, sweat running down his sun-kissed skin. If it hadn't been for the sweat, he wouldn't have seemed scared at all.

To my complete and utter surprise, Ren pulls out a knife and flips it open, my eyes wide with fear. I wanted to go inside and yell at Ren for playing such a cruel joke on me, but my feet were rooted to the crate I was standing ontop of it.

The only thing that was running through my mind other than getting help for whoever this guy was, what is Ren truly capable of?

"Because I want something, and apparently you're in the way. After tonight, that won't be a problem." I hear roars of laughter and notice that people are there watching the whole thing play out, scene from scene.

Face stoic, Ren puts his hand up and the laughter stops completely. "What are you talking about?" The guy asks, his knees bent on the floor infront of Ren like he was a god, but disgust and confusion ran through the boys eyes. Yep, this is definitely not some sick joke.