Staying Away From Him

"Mom I'm fine." I tell her angrily, pushing her hand away from my cheek. Her boyfriend stood in the background, a concerned expression etched across his face. "Go, already." I tell her.

This seems to tear her apart as she begins to cry and sob, her face burried in John's chest.

"Don't be uncouth to your mother because of me Aurora. She's only worried about you."

"She chose you didn't she? She obviously couldn't have been that worried."

The thought of her dating him and crying right at this moment when the worry should have been directed at me made me seethingly angry. I sounded like a selfish bitch and it was probably just my anger and the meds talking but I was still pissed off.

"I'm so tired of tip toeing around my feelings because honestly, it only makes me more angry. You're boyfriend is the whole reason I'm in this hospital. His crazy cousins almost killed me! Who slashes up the first person that comes through the door?"

John sighs. "They thought you were an intruder."

"I'm a seventeen year old girl! Do I look like an intruder?" I yell, wincing when battle wounds flex under my words.

The skin right above my right hip had infact been stabbed by John's visiting family members a few nights ago when I got home late. They pierced an organ, but greatfully it wasn't vital so they induced a coma and fixed me right up but that didn't stop me from being extremely pissed off about it all.

To top things off, none of my so-called friends hadn't been by to see me. I knew there was no way they could know about me being put in the hospital because of the road trip they had planned a weekend earlier. Although they invited me, I had declined for a stupid reason that I could not remember.

No one but Noah and Ren had been by and it was becoming harder and harder to refuse the both of them when they were the only ones who had come to see me other than my cluess mother and her idiotic boyfriend.

"Honey I'm here for whatever you need." My mother tells me.

I cross my arms, tears springing to my eyes. "I need Dad." I mutter but she clearly hears it and she stops crying, her face turning expressionless. "If he was here, I wouldn't be in this situation."

Then she leaves the room without a word, John on her heels. I sigh knowing that I'm going to have to apologize for being so bratty to the woman that gave me birth.

A few minutes after they leave, my nurse enters the room.

"He's back." She says simply, leaning against the door frame.

I close my eyes. "I don't want to see him, Patty."

Patty looks a little wary of my decision. "Honey, he scares me everytime he asks for you and I have to tell him no. Like it's my fault."

"Then call security on him. I can't see him."

"But he looks so hopeful everytime he comes like he just knows you'll say yes and-..."

"Please." I beg her softly. "I. Can't. See. Him."

She nods and leaves.

I should have known Ren wouldn't have gone without kicking a screaming. Ren's booming voice sends me into a fit of sobs. I hated to admit it, but if he were here right now, I wouldn't be feeling like a bag of crap.

I was released from the hospital three agonizing days later with out my mother who had been away on business with John. Hospital staff rolled me out of the hospital and sat me infront for me to wait for the car I called. Sadness overwhelmed me as I realized how truly and utterly alone I was.