Our House

Things between Ren and I were a tad bit strained. I honestly felt really bad that I had put our relationship in harms way by thinking I could be buddy buddy with my assassin. Gabriel didn't want to be my friend. It was obvious that he wanted much more from me and if I respected Ren then I had to cut the ties with Gabriel. Which I didn't much mind because Ren was the most important thing in my life and Gabriel had made the choice to screw up his only chance of getting out of jail.

Gerdie comes into the empty loft and takes a long calculated look around. Ren rolls his eyes at her scrutiny.

"Stop judging our place Gerdie, you're gonna put "thoughts" into Rory's head." He says before crossing his arms, making his muscles bulge.  It was my dirty mind that even led me to think about his muscles. I mean the guy was pissed at me for some unknown reason and I still made time to be dirty. I need professional help.

I snap out of my thoughts to admire the twinkle in Gerdie's eyes. Yet, I couldn't blame her for ogling this place. Simply put, our loft was perfect.  It was modern and open, lit up by the natural lighting from the floor to ceiling windows.  The walls were mostly brick and the rooms were large with unique accents to each one of them.  The aesthetic value of our house didn't worry me, it was for the fact that I was definitely having second thoughts and Ren could see straight through my fake smiles.

Ren and I took most of the heat when it came to actually getting this place.  It was quite expensive because of the location and how amazing it was.  However, Ren and I had no trouble paying for it at all. From the money that Ren had collected over the years from the drug business, he grew smart financially and got into investing which worked out in his favor. 

With my money from the business my mother and I started, I was financially stable as well.  We also discussed that we would most likely have to take the brunt of the force when it came to this place because our roommates weren't as well off as we were.  Ren and I couldn't just abandon them because we wanted to be selfish.

Ren's snarky comment suddenly hits me and I give him a funny look. "What do you mean thoughts?"

But Gerdie is already moving onto what she was wanting to say and my question gets lost in the wind. "I think this place is perfect. I just wish I was starting this new adventure with you guys."

I still was a bit apprehensive about Gerdie being around Ren so much. They did have past relations and she did sort of try and sabotage our relationship for some strange reason when she found out that Sage and I had kissed.

I just didn't fully trust the girl. Which is normal, I suppose. Although I was almost positive I had nothing to worry about. Despite the spat that Ren and I had because of Gabriel, I felt like we were pretty solid when it came to our relationship. I needed him and he needed me. What sense would it make if he wanted Gerdie? I just had to keep reminding myself that.

"Gerdie, you just can't skip a few steps and move in with your friends while you're still a freshman in high school. You can wait."

As I said those words, I couldn't help but think they applied to me. I mean yeah, I had technically already finished school because of the homeschooling I had completed, but I was still young.  I still had things I wanted to accomplish and I wasn't sure if moving in with my boyfriend at the age of 18 was the right choice.

Especially considering the fact that we argued non stop but could not get enough of each other. That just didn't sound like the right kind of combo.  Could Ren and I survive if we made the hasty decision of moving in together? I also didn't feel comfortable expressing that to Ren because I really didn't want another argument.  There was so many other things to worry about.