Chapter 11~~~ Something wrong

Nate's POV

I looked outside my window, at the pathway leading up to my house, waiting for Hunter to arrive.  But he didn't. My door creaked open, and the sound of foot steps lead up to me. I glanced behind me, and Yen was siting there, licking his paw. I reached forward, rubbing his neck, and he purred, rubbing against my palm.  

  " I'm worried about Hunter, Yen. Something is wrong with him, and he hasn't come back yet.", I said softly. The Pokemon looked at me silently. " He's worried about something, something to do with his mom , I think. And I'm scared for him." Yen tilted his head, and jumped up on the chair with me, flicking his tail.   " I know you can't understand me well, because you're just a house pet, but its nice to talk to you, you at least care. " Yen ignored me, and pressed his paw against the window. I looked outside, but didn't see anything. 

    " What is it?", I asked, and he meowed, jumping off the chair. He ran down the stairs, and I followed, struggling to keep up. I found him sitting by the front door, flicking his tail. My mother had gone to bed early, and it was late; he never wanted to go out this late before.  I opened the door, and he ran outside, and picked something up in his mouth. He walked back, and dropped what he had at my feet. I bent down to pick it up, and found that it was a piece of rolled up paper.  I opened it up, and read the small paragraph written on it. 

   Don't bother trying. You won't find him. Not now, not ever, dark-haired boy.

  No harm has come to him.... yet. 

 But if he doesn't met our terms, he will be slain.

We sent you his regards, boy.

  - R

 Something was wrong, deathly wrong. " We need to find him, Yen. We need to try."