Chapter 3~~~ Story Time

Nate's POV

I looked up at my mom,my eye's asking the question I dare not say. ' Please, let him stay'. My mother's eyes softened, and she nodded. " Kangashan!" My mother's Kangashan stepped out from the back yard, and picked up Hunter with ease. He was still sniffing. Kangashan stomped back into the house. The entire building shook with the force. " I'll clean him up, Nathan. See if you have any extra clothes for him to wear". I ran back to my room, and threw the closet door open. Clothes littered the inside. 

Hunter's POV

The Kangashan dropped me into a bath tub, filled with warm water. Nate's mom stepped in, holding a towel and bottles. I wouldn't look at her. She tossed me the towel. " Get undressed, I won't look". She turned around, letting me change.  I stepped into the tub. " S'ok to look now", I mumbled, and she turned. She began rinsing the dirt off, turning the water dirty brown in a minute. " What happened , dear?" " On the night , that we found you, after we left the house, we walked into the woods.  I was hungry, and tired.  ' Just a little bit longer', Mom kept telling me, when we heard a bunch of twigs breaking and stuff. Mom picked me up, and started running. But the people , they kept chasing us." I paused, wincing as the soap stung my skin. " Sorry, dear", she said. "  Mom stopped at a clearing", I continued. 

" There was no where us to run. Mom put me in a tree hollow, and kissed me. ' I love you sweetie, no matter what happens. Now stay quiet, can you do that for Mommy', she told me. She walked away from the tree, and I heard the men again. ' Where's the kid', they kept asking. Mom would keep saying I wasn't with her." " Do you know why they wanted you", she asked, and I shook my head. " No, she never told me. But, they kept fighting, and I fell asleep. Then I woke up, and she and the men were gone".  I was silent, and so was she. Finally, she broke the silence. " I understand. Hunter, I know its not my business, but I think I should tell you this. Before, you and your mother left, she told me every thing. And the men chasing you, they are .... members of Team Rocket. I'm sorry."  I stiffened. 

 She left the room, leaving me sitting in my own filth, and misery. 

Nate's POV

I left the clothes outside of the bathroom door. I didn't think walking in would have been a good idea.  I heard the door open, and shut quickly, and when I turned around, the clothes were gone. I sighed, walking down the stairs, down into the living room.