Chapter 22 - Past

Hunter's POV

It's been a month. A month of being in this base. A month of rarely seeing the sunlight. Arin was out on another raid. This was the forth one he had taken part of this week. Danny told me that he was trying to move up higher in the ranks, so that he wouldn't have to live in the lower class rooms anymore. I didn't question him for trying, four dirty walls, three dirty cots, and a dripping sink wasn't much.
" Hey.. Dan, you never told me how you and Arin became partners.. How did you become a grunt?"
Danny smiled warmly, setting down his lunch tray.
" Well, I joined Team Rocket a few months before you did, as you already know. I was.. Short on cash, and I didn't have any options really", he sighed. " I was out of a job, and my Pokemon had passed away due to illness. Then I came here, and met Arin. He was an Elite, one of the best on the team. He was the leader on my first raid. We were robbing a bank in GoldenRod city, in Johto, when the cops showed up and things got hairy. Arin saved my life, taking a bullet to the arm for me. We became.. Acquaintances, and after he got demoted and came to live with me in my cell, we became good friends. He's a good man, Hunter, even if he's a little grouchy at some times. "

" You better not be talking trash about me, Dan", Arin stepped into the room, a bandage wrapped around his arm.
" Arin! Are you okay?" He grinned at the concern in Danny's voice.
" Yeah, yeah, just a flesh wound, don't worry about it." He sat down on his cot, rubbing his arm.

" Hey.. Arin, I was wondering.. How'd you become part of Team Rocket?" He stared at me, and I squirmed under his cruel gaze.
" None of your business, kid", he said gruffly.
" I-I'm sorry.. It's just sometimes you talk in your sleep, who's Suzy?" The second I said her name, it was like flipping a switch. Arin got up, and using his good arm, pinned me to the wall.
" Don't you ever say her name again!"
" Arin! Arin, let him go! He didn't mean anything by it", Danny protested, and Arin let me go, still glaring daggers at me.
" I'm going out", he muttered, leaving me and Dan alone in the room.
" W-What's he so mad about?" Danny shrugged.
" I don't know, I've never seen him get so upset before.."

A/N : HOLY BUALS ITS BEEN FOREVER SINCE IVE EVEN CHECKED WATTPAD. I'LL TRY TO BE A GOOD WRITER AND UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS.