Chapter 4~~~~Team Rocket

Hunter's POV 

Team Rocket? What could they want with me? What could they need me for? I thought, pulling the shirt over my head. It was a white tank-top type thing, with a Pokeball design in the center. Certainly better then the rags I was wearing before.  I needed to figure out what Team Rocket wanted from me, and where my mom was. But I needed to rest. I had been running, surviving in the woods for ten years. A house and warm bed would be heaven. 

I stepped down the stairs, two at a time. " Hungry?" I nodded eagerly, and Nate dragged me to the kitchen. " Mom, when is the fried Combusken gonna be ready", he whined. She turned and looked at him, holding the spatula threateningly. " Patience, perfection can't be rushed," she chastised . Nate huffed , and I giggled. " Its fine , Nate, I can wait".  " Alright, do you want to try and catch a Pokemon with me? I just got one from Professor Oak today, " He said, fiddling with a Pokeball. He pressed a button, and out popped a Pokemon, a Charmander. " Char", it said happily.  " This is Romney", he said, rubbing the Lizard Pokemon's head.  The Charmander rubbed his head against Nate's hand. " Wow, he's really cool", I commented, and the Pokemon churred happily.  " He doesn't know a lot of moves , though", he said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. " Nathan, Hunter, food's ready", Nate's mom called from the kitchen.  " Yes!"  " Is it really that good?", I questioned. He nodded eagerly. " Yeah man, its delicious!" I had to admit , it did smell good.  I followed Nate to the dining table , and Nathan's mother set down a plate of hot Combusken. I took a bit, the savory taste spreading out over my tongue.  I glanced over at Nate, who was munching on the drumstick ravenously. " Geez dude, calm down". " Sorry", he said, swallowing, " Its just so tasty!" 

" I have to admit, it is pretty good".  " Thank you dear".  Nate's mom was smiling at me, occasionally sipping from a cup of tea. Being here, with Nate, almost made me forget about Rocket. Almost

Author's Note: I just realized that I referred to Nate as both 'Nate', and 'Nathan'. Can't be tamed.