Chapter 14~~~ Not so bad.

Hunter's POV

I was huddled onto the small cot that I was provided. After I had agreed to help these monsters, I was located into a room with two other grunts. A seasoned grunt , one that had been working with Team Rocket for 15 years, and another beginner, like me , who only was there for 3 months. The senior grunt ignored me , and made no attempts to talk , while the other wouldn't stop. He kept asking me questions , like," You okay?", and " Do you need anything?" I didn't answer, I didn't even look him in the eyes.

" It's useless", the senior said suddenly, interrupting the younger's endless questions. " He's not gonna talk, Danny." The younger , who was apparently named Danny , turned and glared at the other grunt.

" I'm only trying to make the poor kid feel better, he's only 14. Hell, I'm 17 working here and I'm still nervous." He stopped chastising his partner , and looked at me with regarding, soft eyes. " That's Arin, don't mind him, he's always a grump. What's your name , kid?"

" Hunter, but I have a nickname , Dookie. Short for Dookieshed", I mumbled quietly. I didn't look up. A cold draft blew in through one of the many cracks in the window , and I shivered. We were one of the rooms for a lower rank , me and Danny because we were newer recruits, and Arin, because he pissed off on of the higher ups , and got demoted. Danny noticed me shaking, and reached a hand under the small cot. " Dang. Hey, Arin , we got any extra blankets?"

Arin stared back for a moment, before finally talking. " Why should we waste our extra blankets? Kid just got here, and he needs to understand how hard it is, being here. If he's going go through harsh treatment, might as well start now". Arin regarded me , with harsh, cold brown eyes. The one streak of lighter colored hair that he had caught the light , and it flashed light brown. Danny flinched at the harsh words , and pulled a blanket off his cot , and shook the dirt off , before passing it to me. I accepted it gratefully, and wrapped it around my already freezing body.

" Don't listen to him, once you get used to it , it's not so bad". Danny smiled , while a few of his loose cuz drifted into his face. His hair was an intense mess of curls and tangles, and his eyes sparkled.

" Lights out", a voice called out from outside the door, and Arin and Danny laid down on their cots. I reached over , and hit the light switch next to me, putting the three of us in dark, inky blackness.

" Good night, Hunter", Danny murmured sleepily. I was taken aback by his kindness , but I accepted it. At least I had a friend here. After a few more minutes , Arin eventually spoke.

" Night kid , try and get some sleep."

" Good night , sirs", I responded politely, as I had been told to do so, and I curled up, trying to conserve body heat. I shivered , the blankets offering little warmth, but soon, my eyes started to droop.

" Just call us Arin and Danny , kid. No need for formalities."

That was the last thing I heard before I slipped off into the clutches of sleep.