Chapter 16

Sutter POV

    "What did you say to Lilly?" I ask my dad as we're walking to get in his car.

     "I asked her to tell me the truth about what she wanted done with her father and this situation. She said she doesn't want it to go to court and have to deal with a mess of lawyers and judges, she just wants to never see him again." He looks over at me. "So that's what we're about to take care of."

     "Are we offing him?" I can't disguise the excitement in my voice. The need to hurt this man and make him regret what he did to Lilly, is so intense I can taste it.

     My dad looks at me reproachfully. "We're not killing him, even though I don't blame you for feeling that way, because I do too. But we are going to speak to him, and maybe scare the shit out of him."

    I grunt in response, feeling like that's not enough to be done to a monster like him. The drive to Lilly's house takes no time at all, and we park in the drive way and exit the car.

     "Do we knock?" I ask awkwardly, unsure of how to handle this situation. Do we ring the doorbell and then walk in yelling and shit? Just not sure how this kind of thing works.

     "Hell no we don't knock." My dad says. "We are the ones in control of the situation, which means we take charge and let him see he's not gonna make us back down."

     "And if the doors locked?" I question.

     "We kick the fucker down." He replies simply, and I have to admit he sounds like a bad ass right now.

    But luckily when he turns the door handle, it's not locked. We walk inside and I start scanning the house, looking for signs of her parents.

     "Paul!" My dad yells, and starts walking towards the kitchen area. I notice as I'm walking through the house, the walls are decorated with paintings, and no pictures of Lilly are anywhere to be found.

    Did her parents ever buy her school pictures? I can't remember, but I don't think so. She never even bothered to dress up for picture day. It's just another clue that I missed that is so obvious now.

    Before we enter the kitchen, Lilly's dad rounds the corner of the hallway. He stops dead in his tracks when he sees who it is and the looks on our faces.

    "What's all this?" He asks, like a dumbass.

    "Don't be obtuse, you son of a bitch, you know exactly why we're here." My dad responds.

    "No, I actually have no idea why you have entered my house uninvited. So why don't you enlighten me."

    "Lilly, you dead beat." I tell him, my voice shaking and my fists clenching at the actual need to do some bodily damage to this asshole.

    Paul laughs without humor. "What, did you get her knocked up again already?"

    I don't even fucking think before I'm lunging at him. He backs away as soon as he realizes I'm coming for him, and my dad wraps his arms around my waist to pull me back.

    I'm not the same small guy I was when I left a couple years ago. I'm over six feet tall now and have played football most of my life. That asshole knows I could take him, and that's why he backs up. He only likes to hit on people who can't hit him back.

    "What!" I scream at him. "I'm your size so you can't fucking hit me, only your daughter who can't defend herself against you!"

    "Calm down or I'm going to make you leave." My dad says into my ear, still restraining me.