T W E N T Y T H R E E

'I see things that nobody else sees...'

  ♡♡♡

*TRIGGER WARNING*  Not even kidding when  I say this. This chapter is pretty messed up so I can't stress enough, if you can't handle serious issues or anything like that please please don't read this.

3RD PERSON P.O.V

Nobody knows the story of Marcie Jane Scott, except for herself and the people who took part in everything she went through. Nobody knows what happened to her until she was found and put into a foster home. Nobody knows why the voices appeared or why sometimes she has episodes and blacks out completely.

No one knows. Not Mary, not Jonathan, not Doctor Andrews, not even Harry.

Only Marcie knows and she's the only person who would ever know...

Until now.

***

There was a block of flats about 50 miles away from London. It was in a dark area, with no town or shop or any other house within a mile radius. There was a small grouping of trees which you had to walk through in order to get there but after that the and was just dry and the ground was slightly burnt as if the rest of the trees that use to stand there, were burnt down.

The block of flats stood there. The windows were made of one way glass and were black. The building looked dirty on the outside and ivy started to crawl up the side of the walls. The smell of smoke and ash was impossible to not smell as it was everywhere. It was filthy and scummy and the least picturesque thing you could imagine but it was a home and a home to many for that matter.

The flats were run by Austin White. Austin White was once a hard working man , someone who wanted to run his own business and earn tons of money. In someways he did become a leader of some-sort, but not the leader you'd expect.

Austin White was the leader of a cult, you could say. A place where people were brain washed and made to believe that this was normal. He was creating his own world, a place where everyone was insane and he was 'sane'.  Austin also had a brother called Jay who was his best friend and worked as a lawyer to the outside world. If Austin was ever in trouble Jay was the one to back him up in court and somehow they would always get away with things. Jay didn't mind Austin's antics because he, just like his older brother, was messed up in the head as well.

Women were prostitutes or strippers and were made to believe that this was a normal job. Much like Marcie's mother, Alison May who was welcomed by Austin after she needed a place to stay when she was kicked out by her parents for getting three F's in her final report.

Men worked for Austin, coming to his every beck and call when he needed it. They would shoot people who didn't follow the rules and they would do as they please with women being submissive to them. They would gamble, drink, sell drugs to the outside world maybe even promote Austin's way of living to the outsiders. This was much like Marcie's father Ryan May who worked for Austin on a daily basis and was one of his most loyal companions.

Ryan and Alison were Marcie's birth parents and the people who guided her through her childhood, except they took a lot of wrong turns on the way.

***

M A R C I E (A G E 4)

"Mummy," I pull on her nightgown as she lies on her bed almost lifeless but the fact that she's snoring away lets me know she's just sleeping. It was the middle of the day and she was still asleep, her's and papa's room smelling of sweat and alcohol. The smell of alcohol was normal around here though and other substances which I can't remember the name of.