F O U R

It's My Party And I'll Cry If I want To

♡♡♡

H A R R Y

Today is my third day working in the mental hospital. I stand in Doctor Andrew's office waiting for him to return from his duties. He's one of the most professional doctors in the institute which explains why he's so busy all the time. It makes me feel pretty special, knowing that I'm working for the best doctor here.

My first day I only got to help with medicine but I wanted to work on the therapy side of things so I'm hoping that today will be different than last time. "Ah Harry, ready at start business?" Doctor Andrews walks in with a clipboard.

"Yes sir." I say, I grab my white lab coat and shrug it on my shoulders. We head down the corridor and to a small room. I can't help but feel slightly off when I don't hear any screaming, it happens all the time when people walk up and down the corridors and even though it's unsettling, it feels as if everyone's dead when it's completely silent.

We go two rooms down from the end and enter the brightest room I've ever seen in a place like this. It's a light purple and there are pictures all over the walls. Toys are scattered all over the floor and a little blonde girl sits on a bed, "Hello April." Doctor Andrews speaks.

"Hello Mr Andrews." The small girl's voice is soft and innocent. She doesn't look like she belongs in a place like this with her bright smile and colourful room. She's playing with her dollies and brushing their hair, her eyes look up at me and smile takes over features. "Newbie?"

Doctor Andrews chuckles, "April this is my assistant Harry Styles." He introduces.

"April." She holds out her hand and I shake it.

"Harry." I smile at her. It's strange for a young girl like her to be in place like this. She seems so innocent like her brain hasn't even developed fully yet. How her parents could put her in here is beside me.

Doctor Andrews does a few of her measurements to check if she's growing properly due to her young age. "My mum put me in here because she thought I was planning to kill her." April says almost if she could read my mind. "She's scared of me, thinks that I'll murder her in her sleep or something because of my dad."

"Now, now April, your mother put you here because she cares about you and wants you to get better." Doctor Andrews says, peering over his round glasses.

"Do you honestly expect me to believe that Mr Andrews?" April gives him a dumb look and he laughs and shakes his head.

"How old are you April?" I ask her, finding her quite mature for the age I assume she'd be.

"Twelve. My mother thinks I'm ten because she cares oh so much." She rolls her eyes and I chuckle.

"Dammit, Harry would you mind getting me April's paperwork in my office?" Doctor Andrews faces me and I nod, leaving the colourful room.

I walk down the hallway and see a girl being dragged into a room. She's kicking and screaming and trying to get out of their grasp. "Let me go!" She screams but they don't listen to her and force her into the room.

She's shaking her head and trying to escape them but it doesn't work. I feel anger start to rise inside of me. They're treating her like an animal and forcing her to do something she doesn't want to. They're hurting her.

"Excuse me!" I yell and they look up. "What are you doing to her? Leave her alone!" I push them out of the way and the girl looks up at me.

In that moment, I swear I feel everything around me stop.