F I V E

No Training Wheels Left For You, I'll Pull Them Off For You...

♡♡♡

M A R C I E

I wake up and everything around me looks fuzzy like everything is out of focus. My mind is blank for a second as I try to recall what's happened in the past few hours or days, who knows how long I've been out of conscious.

I try sitting up but my head is pounding like someone is banging a drum on the inside. At least I can't hear them; I'd choose a drum over them anyday. My head falls to the side and rests against the wall. My limbs feel weak and I try blinking quickly to gain my eyesight back.

When I can see everything again and the drums go quieter, I feel tears prick my eyes. They overpowered me again. They made me almost hurt another innocent man. I could have been a murderer but maybe if I killed him would they have stopped?

People in this place say I'm the worst. They call me an animal and say I should be locked up and chained and there's nothing they can do to cure a dog like me.

My eyes flutter shut and I try to get some sleep but it's impossible because I can feel the voices getting louder and louder every time the clock ticks. I'm like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off at any given second.

You let us down Marcie.

I cover my ears but it doesn't work, it never works. All I can do is sit there and let them overtake me, let them turn me into an animal, let them control all my senses.

You should have killed him. You never do as we say.

"I'm sorry." I cry as tears roll down my cheeks. I pull my legs up to my chest and bury my head in my knees. "I can't do this anymore."

You will do as we say Marcie. You're parents would want that.

"My parents are gone!" I cry. "They're gone."

And it was all his fault...Or was it yours?

"It wasn't me, it wasn't me..." I chant. I rock back and forth in hopes of getting some sleep so my demons are silence.

Suddenly, the door opens and I yelped, jumping back and pressing right against the wall. I curl up and don't bother looking a who entered the room. I carry on reassuring myself whispering that it wasn't my fault over and over again.

"Hey Marcie." Doctor Andrews' voice enters my ears but I still don't look up. "Marcie what's wrong?"

I stay silent, he knows he won't get anything out of me. He never does, I don't know why he tries anymore.

"Marcie talk to me." I shake my head and cover my ears with my hands.

"Why won't she talk?" I hear an unfamiliar voice say. His voice is deep and raspy and in some way soothing but it still doesn't tempt me to look up.

"Marcie, I need you to tell me what's wrong." Doctor Andrews says.

Don't listen to him Marcie.

He's lying to you. They're all lying to you.

"P-Please stop." I whisper through gritted teeth because of the pounding in my head. I need to be strong and I keep telling myself that, i try so hard but all the do is control me.

I look up at Doctor Andrews and see him again. His dark eyes staring right at me, taunting me and trying to hurt me.

Kill him Marcie.

But I can't because I know it's not really him. I want them to stop and they haven't fully taken over yet. "H-Help me Doctor Andrews." I look straight into his soft eyes before my mind is flooded with neverending images of that night.