T E N

'But you already bought a ticket and there's no turning back now.'

♡♡♡

M A R C I E

I point to the correct answer on the page in front of me and my tutor smiles and congratulates me. I think I know the difference between a horse and an elephant, just because I never went to school doesn't mean I'm that stupid. 

My eyes stare at the door waiting for Mr Styles to come back. I was sad that he wasn't there when I woke up earlier on, I guess he thinks I'm insane just like everybody else. 

"Marcie?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at my tutors kind eyes, "I asked you a question." 

"Hmm?" I hummed and she asked me to point to the correct number on the page, I mentally roll my eyes as I get the answer right every time.

We finish up twenty minutes later and my tutor smiles at me, "I'm so proud of you Marcy. We've actually gotten somewhere in this lesson." She says referring to the amount of times I would never answer.

I don't know why I answered this time, I guess I hoped time would pass quicker so Mr Styles would come.  

She leaves me with a book but I don't see why since I can't read properly. I shove it under my pillow and sit down crossed legged on my bed and watch the door, waiting for it to open.

The voices didn't come back again. I knew it was because of Mr Styles and the music he played to me before I went to sleep, the tune still lingers in the back of my mind, keeping the voices at bay.

After a while, I decide to lay down with my eyes still glued to the door. Since Mr Styles came, I realised I didn't like being on my own. I wanted him, I needed him, he was my remedy and the only thing that could cure me, he helps more than anything Doctor Andrews gives me. 

Suddenly the door bursts open and I sit up straight away and see Doctor Andrews come in. "Hello Miss Marcie, heard you've been making some improvements in your tutoring?" My eyebrows furrow and I look at the door again, waiting for him to walk in.

Doctor Andrews looks confused but then looks behind me and smiles when he sess I'm staring at the door. "I'm afraid Mr Styles is running a bit late. I'm guessing he had a busy night?" He smirks and my cheeks heat. 

I'm open my mouth to protest but shut it straight away when the door opens and an out of breath Mr Styles walks in. "I'm sorry Doctor Andrews, I left home a bit late." He huffs and I want to smile seeing him here. 

He looks over at me and smiles widely to thick I just look at him which makes him chuckle. "It's not a problem Harry, we were just getting started anyway." Harry nods and Doctor Andrews hands him my file to which he furrows his eyebrows at and looks up at me. 

I want to know what's making him so confused but I stay quiet since that's what I do best. Doctor Andrews gets started with the questions. "How are you feeling Marcie?" He asks, I hate this question. 

I don't answer and he sighs, "Back to being quiet are we?" He writes something down and moves onto the next question. "Have the voices come back?" I stay silent and Mr Styles clears his throat. 

"Marcie experienced the voices earlier this morning when I went to check up on her." Harry said and Doctor Andrews looks confused.

"How did you manage to stop them?" Doctor Andrews asks. 

Harry opens his mouth to reply but I interrupt him, "Please don't leave." I say. 

"We're not going anywhere Marcie?" Doctor Andrews says in a questioning tone.

I curl up into the ball and start to hum to the tune that silenced my inner demons earlier this morning. I look up and see Mr Styles stare at me in awe and Doctor Andrews look at me in surprise but my eyes just stay glued to Mr Styles  and his green eyes staring right back at me. 

Doctor Andrews looks between me and Mr Styles and then stand up. "Mr Styles, maybe you could finish things up with Marcie. There's an emergency downstairs I need to handle." He winks at him and Mr Styles rolls his eyes. 

The door closes and it's silent between us. I look down at my fingers and hear footsteps walk over to me. His hand goes under my chin and he makes me look up at him, I keep my eyes closed shut and hold my breath. "Hey, it's just me. Open your eyes Marcie." He whispers and I slowly open them to meet his beautiful emerald orbs. 

"Doctor Andrews wants me to ask you questions but I know you don't want that." He says and i shake my head which makes him smile. 

"I like your smile." My cheeks go a tint of pink and I try to cover my face but he grins. "I like it when you get embarrassed too." 

He looks down at my pillow and sees the book that my tutor gave me underneath. He reaches to grab it and then sits down next to me on my small bed. "Is this yours?" I nod. 

"Wind in the Willows, haven't read that in a while." He flips through the book quickly and hands it back to me. "Do you like it?" 

I shrug my shoulders and throw it on the floor, "Hey, that's a bit mean isn't it?" He says. 

I tense a little and for a second I'm scared he's going to punish me for throwing the book but he just grabs it and sits back on the bed. "How much have you read?"

I shrug and try to read the first few words on the first page but I can't do it properly. "Marcie...Do you know how to read?" he asks and I shake my head slowly. 

It's quiet again and I have this horrible feeling that he's going to start laughing at me for being so dumb. "W-would you like me to help you?" He wonders and I look up at him and see he's closer than I thought. 

I nod my head and he grins, opening up the first page of the book. He helps me sound out the letters and I struggle with it at first but then he helps me. 

"F-r-i-e-n-d-s, friends." I say and he cheers. 

"Well done Marcie! Friends, like you and me." He shoves me a little and I give him a small smile.

Friends. I could get used to that. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a filler. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. 

The next one should be a good one though. 

I'm trying to build the start of their relationship and obviously it will be slow paced so bare with me. 

*Please vote, comment and share*

-Chloe xx