E L E V E N

Tough girl in the fast lane
No time for love, no time for hate
No drama, no time for games
Tough girl whose soul aches.

♡♡♡

H A R R Y

I walk into the hospital a few minutes early for the meeting I was suppose to be having with Doctor Andrews.

I put my things away and decided to visit April who I hadn't visited in a while. She was always one to make me laugh she was young but had the mental age of an adult. I'm still surprised how her mother could put her in a mental hospital at such a young age.

I put on my doctors coat and walked down the hallway. I stopped at the familiar door and stared at it for a while.

Marcie was doing better. She wasn't exactly cured or anything but she was talking a bit more instead of us having to force it out of her. I like to believe that she was only fully herself when I was in the room but it's only a thought and I doubt it's actually true. 

I peered through the small window with the bars in front and saw her sleeping figure in bed. Her nightmares make a usual occurrence but I try my best to get rid of them for her. I hate seeing her in pain. I smile when she squirms in her sleep and rubs her face against her pillow. 

I sigh and turn away before walking to April's room. I open the door and see her drawing on bits of paper. "Hey H." She grins and I walk over to her bed and sit on the chair beside it. 

"Hey Pea." I smile and she turns back to her drawings. "What are you drawing there?" I ask her, looking at the red scribbles on the paper. 

"It's my house." She says. It looks quite big from what I can tell by the drawing. There's a woman and three men standing in front of the house. 

"Is that your family?" I point to the four stick figures and she shakes her head. 

"Kind of. That's my mum." She points to the woman. 

"Are those your older brothers then?" I look up at her and she sighs. 

"I don't have any brothers Mr Styles. One of them is suppose to be my dad. I'm not sure which one yet but when I leave I'm going to find out." She says with a determined look on her face.

My face softens as I look at the small child in front of me. "You don't know who your dad is?" 

She shakes her head again and looks up at me, "My mum had a lot of men living in our house and she slept with one every night, maybe even more than that. I'm surprised I don't have any siblings actually from the amount of sex she has." 

My eyes widen and I rub her back as she starts to tear up, "I think I'm the only one who loves it hear Mr Styles. I'd rather hear the screams of people going crazy than the screams of my mother whoring around and getting beaten up everyday by men." 

I pull her into my chest and she sobs. It still amazes me how this girl has so much strength for such a young age. She's been through a lot and experienced more than even people my age would experience. 

She clings onto my shirt and I rub her back soothingly. "I'll make this feel like home April." I whisper. 

"Thank you Mr Styles. You're like the older brother I've always wanted. The one who I wished for every day." She whispers back and my heart flutters.