Chapter 16

Celeste's POV
The charity event is tonight and I don't know why but I'm feeling incredibly nervous. Ever since Elle told me to give Jason the chance to give me an explanation, it has been leaving me restless. I am in no position to make a decision as I'm truly confused. I know that Elle would want the best for me just like I want the best for her so maybe I should actually give him a chance to explain.

I drove to the mansion as I was going to get ready with Elle. I'll also be going with her and Zach. Pretty much I'll be like the third wheeler that I have always been. "Wait Cel let me do your makeup," Elle said making me roll my eyes. I'm not that much of a fan of makeup but she won't let it go so it's easier to just agree with her. "Fine but I don't want a cakey face okay," I told her and she nodded.

After a about thirty minutes, she was finally done with the makeup and I was actually pleased with it

After a about thirty minutes, she was finally done with the makeup and I was actually pleased with it. It was not too much. It was natural. "Okay now we should get going. We are already late," I said and Elle rolled her eyes at me. "It's called fashionably late honey," Elle told me making me scoff. "Seriously let's get going. I bet Zach is getting impatient waiting for us," I said as I grabbed her arm and made our way to Zach.

"Love you look so beautiful," Zach said making my heart melt at all the love they have for each other. "Thanks baby you don't look bad yourself," Elle said as Zach snaked his arm around her waist. "You look gorgeous Cel," Zach told me making me smile. "I feel like it's going to be difficult to keep the promise I made to your brothers about keeping guys away. They will surely all throw themselves at you," Zach said making me laugh. "Oh come on stop flattering me so much," I said making him roll his eyes. "We better get going girls," Zach said as he got his keys.

After about half an hour, we finally reached the venue which was beautifully decorated. "Cel come you will go in with us," Elle told me as she held my hand. Following them, I walked to the entrance where all the journalists were. "Miss Evans look here please," I could here them screaming from all sides after posing for a little bit, I made my way inside. That is why I prefer not coming because I hate having journalists or paparazzi constantly screaming.

I started looking around with Elle and Zach. We even met some investors and partners and had some business talk. Shortly after, Elle and Zach went to dance while I was sitting all by myself. Unconsciously, I was looking around looking for someone who well has been on my mind for so long. Sighing, I watched Elle and Zach dance with love filled in their eyes. I feel so happy for my friends. They deserve each other but never in a thousand years I would have thought that they would get together. They would always fight and get under each other's skin. It was quite funny to see that though.

"Will you do me the pleasure of having this dance with me," I heard a familiar voice say behind me. Turning, I met the eyes that I have been aching to see. "Jason," I said and I saw him smirk. "Celeste," he says as I places my hand into his hand. As we got to the dance floor, his hand found its way to my waist and we swayed in sync. "You look beautiful," he said as he looked at me intently. Looking into his eyes, I felt myself getting lost. After all hose years, he still has the same effect on me. Closing my eyes, I enjoyed the moment and Elle's words suddenly resonated in my head. Maybe I should actually give him a chance. "So how have you been," he asked me making me open my eyes. "Well I hav been fine. And what about you," I asked him as I felt my heart beating at full speed just by knowing that he is here in front of me.

"I'm better now," he said making me frown

"I'm better now," he said making me frown. "It's been a long time right," I said as I looked down. I suddenly started to feel guilty for leaving without saying anything. "Yea a long time," he said as he looked away. "I have been looking for you like crazy," said making me feel even more guilty. "I had my reasons," I said not knowing what to say more. "You could have at least told me about you leaving," he said looking a bit angry. "I know Jason," I told him and he just looked at me deeply in the eyes. "I am sorry," I told him as I lowered my gaze. "You had reasons right," he said. Just then, the music stopped and he just walked away, leaving me there with pain in my heart.

With a heavy heart, I walked back to the table where Elle and Zach were. Elle was looking at me with a confused look. "You were dancing with Jason," she exclaimed as soon as sat down and I nodded. "Elle I'm going to have some fresh air. I'll be in the terrace," I said as I got up. Opening the door, I couldn't really see anything as it was dark out there. Approaching the railing, I took the packet of cigarettes out of my bag and lit it up. Yes I still have the habit of smoking when I'm confused or sad. Taking in a puff of the smoke, I felt my throating heating up and I slowly blew out the smoke. "So you still smoke," I heard the voice of Jason as I was taking another puff. "Occasionally," I said turning my back to him so that he doesn't see the tears building up in my eyes. I mean he won't see it anyways as it's dark as hell out here. Snatching the cigarette from my hand, he took a puff himself. "It's not good for you," he said making me smile. Snatching it back, I threw it on the ground and stepped on it. "Yea it's not good for you either," I said as I heard him chuckle. "I have been thinking Jason and I think we need to talk," I told him and he just stood there silent for a few seconds. "If you want to," Jason said making me frown.

"I have to get back," I told him and he nodded. As I walked back, I could feel his stare biting through my back. Why did things have to get complicated? Why didn't I just confronted him that day? But well everything happens for a reason so I should just go with the flow.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hey guys here you go. Hope you enjoy this one. Make sure to vote comment and share this story. It's nearly coming to an end so hope you liked it so far.

-Love Mokshda