Chapter 8

*A few weeks later*

Celeste's POV

Jason has been the most caring boyfriend ever and I never expected that. I thought that he would actually get bored of me and leave me but well he is still with me. The only thing that I regret is that I haven't told Elle and Zach anything about me and Jason. 

To be completely honest, I was very scared of their reactions. I'll probably just tell them tomorrow during the prom night. As Jason promised, he has not been with any other girl since we started going out and no one knows about us. 

I'm happy that he being respectful of our secret relationship. Still sometimes I get angry when girls go up to him and flirt with him. But I can't actually stop them anyways. Though the best this is that he prefers to ignore them. 

My phone suddenly started to ring and it was Elle. "Hey Celeste," I heard as soon as I picked up. "Hi Elle what's up," I said as I smiled at her cheerful voice. "I have been meaning to talk to you about something really important Celeste," Elle said as the tone of her voice suddenly changed. 

"What's wrong Elle," I said as I started to get worried. "I'm coming over, I cam't tell you that on the phone," she said and I agreed and patiently waited for her. 

An hour passed by and I was watching Dynasty on Netflix. "Hello Mrs Evans," I heard Elle's voice as I was lying on my bed. "Hello sweetie. Celeste is in her room waiting for you," mom said and Elle thanked her as I heard her make her way upstairs. 

As soon as she got into my room, she made herself on my bed with a tensed look on her face. "What happened Elle," I asked her as she slouched her shoulders. "Celeste I think I fucked up," she said as she buried her face into her hands. I caressed her back as she sobbed. "Hey calm down Elle just tell me what's wrong," I said not bearing seeing her in that state. 

"You remember how yesterday, I set up this cute little date for Zach and Morgan. I was in the kitchen trying to grab something from the top shelf when I lost my balance and was about to fall. Thank God Zach was there and he caught me in time. Well Morgan saw everything and she was like 'Elle are you fine' and 'thank God my boyfriend was there to catch you' and stuff like that. I thank Zach and started talking to Morgan. Then Zach went to the bathroom and that's when I saw Morgan's facial expression sudden and saw her looking at me with a death glare. She literally started insulting me and calling me a slut. She said that I was trying to seduce Zach. She even slapped me. Thank God Zach arrived and heard everything she said. Her face was priceless. In short, Zach broke up with Morgan. When she left, everything was kind of awkward between me and Zach. I thanked him for supporting me and all but then I found him staring at me. I swear to God Celeste I felt some weird things in my stomach at that moment. I had such a strong urge to kiss him. I did it. I initiated the kiss and everything went out of hand and next thing I know is that we slept together. The worst thing is that he left when I fell asleep. Celeste I feel horrible. He is my first on top of that he is our bestfriend. I have a feeling that he will never want to see me ever again," she said as she leaned onto my shoulder and started crying. 

"It's okay Elle

"It's okay Elle. Just cry it all out. I just want to ask you something Elle. I have always noticed it but I chose to ignore it. So do you by any chance have feelings for Zach," I asked as I wiped away her tears. 

As soon as I said those words, she started crying even more. Oh God my bestfriend has feelings for my other bestfriend. "I have liked Zach since we first met but I always tried to push it aside and annoy him. I mean I know that he was never interested in me so I tried keeping my distances. But I felt so much pain when he said that he liked Morgan and wanted to go out with her. So you know to be a supportive friend, I pretended to be happy for him. Also that is why I refused to come with you guys to the beach. I couldn't bare the pain of seeing them making out and shit. I mean I know I agreed to set up the perfect date for them yesterday but it was just because he begged me," she said making my heart hurt. Oh no I can't see her in that state. 

"Elle please stop crying," I said as I stroked her hair. "He must have been overwhelmed. Maybe that's why he left. Please don't cry," I said as I wiped her tears. "Everything is ruined between me and Zach. I messed up Celeste," she said as she buried her face in my pillow. 

I went to grab a box of tissues for her and also told Devon to bring some of his cupcakes home for Elle. I think Elle is actually in love with Zach. Everytime that we hang out, I used to catch Elle staring at him but I always used to ignore it. Never in a million years I would have thought that Elle would be in love with Zach. My heart hurts so much just by the thought of my vulnerable friend who is currently in my room. I also informed her mom that she is going to be staying at my place today. 

My phone started ringing and I tensed when I saw who it was. Maybe Zach wanna talk about the whole situation. "Celeste do you know where Elle is? She is not answering my calls. I'm worried about her. Have you heard from her," Zach said with panic filled in his voice. "Hey hey Zach calm down. She is fine. Anyways where are you? Do you wanna talk about it," I asked and I heard a knock on my door. I didn't hear what he said as I went to open the door and to my surprise it was him. "Zach what are you doing here," I said as I started to panic. "I was actually outside the whole time," he said as he frowned. "Anyways can you help me find Elle. I need to talk to her," he said as he ranked his hand into his hair frustratingly. "Calm down Zach you seem breathless. I'll get you a cup of water," I told him as he sat on the couch in the living area. 

As I came back with the glass of water, I couldn't find Zach where I left him. Oh no what if he went to my room. Placing the glass on the table, I ran upstairs to my room. As soon as I reached there, I peeked into my room and saw Zach on his knees as Elle was sitting on the bed with her hands hiding her face. "Why are you crying Elle," Zach said as he removed her hands from face. She just shook her head and looked down. "Hey I'm sorry that I left you like that. I was just confused and kind of angry. I never meant to hurt you," he said as his thumb wiped her tears. "It doesn't matter Zach. We will just make as if this night never happened," she said making me slap my forehead. She is crazy. "I'll convince Morgan to get back with you. I know you love her," she said making my eyes widened. "What nonsense are you talking about? I don't want a bitch like her. I want you. I need you Elle," he said making my heart melt. Oh my God my two bestfriends are getting together. "What? Stop messing with me," Elle said as she looked at him in shock. Zach didn't say anything but just pulled her towards him and kissed her like there is no tomorrow. It makes me so happy seeing this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoy this one. Make sure to drop a vote, it really makes me happy when you guys comment also so do not hesitate to comment, vote and share my book.

-Love Mokshda