Chapter 12

4 years later

Celeste's POV 

Ever since me and Jace moved to Michigan, I didn't have the time to cry over my broken heart except at night. For the time being I guess I have moved on because seriously it has been four years already. Despite that, I know deep down that I have some strong feelings for him and I am not going to let that affect me in any way. 

It has been four years since I last saw him, four years since my heart has been broken. Four long years. I haven't heard from him ever since I came to Michigan and I have no intention on changing that. I even told mom to not tell the Donovans about me moving to Michigan and she agreed as I made some dumb excuses that I don't even remember. I just didn't want Jason to know where I was at any cost.

A lot has changed in these four years, I graduated from university but I am still staying with Jace. But he is rarely here as the guy is actually spending a lot of time with his fiance who happens to be a girl who I met at university. They met each other three years ago at my birthday party and well what can I say she has him wrapped around his finger ever since. 

Well about me, I have been working alongside Jace, I have been handling part of the company whenever he would be away and all that. Concerning any guy in my life well that is a big no no. I promised to myself that I don't need any man. I am a strong independent woman who doesn't need a man. My life is fine just the way it is. Well yes a lot of man approached me but I always turn them down because I don't feel anything special when they talk to me so it would be just a waste of my time and theirs. 

I am now a twenty years old woman living with my brother with no man in my life. Well I'm fine just the way I am. I have all that I could ever wish for and well I won't change it for anything. Also before I forget, Elle and Zach are happily engaged and they will be coming to visit me soon. I seriously can't wait for them. 

And about Devon, he got married two years ago with the sweetest girl that I have ever met, Stella. They have been secretly dating for like forever and I am still in shock that I didn't know about it until Jace accidentally blunted it out four years ago when we were on the family vacation. I was so mad at Devon that I didn't talk to him for like a solid week. I couldn't truly stay mad at him and then shortly after, he introduced us and I instantly knew that she was the one for him. Just by the way she looks at him is just so beautiful. Devon and Jace are both lucky to have found love. I was also gifted with a beautiful nephew who is now two years old. He is the cutest boy ever but he can be a real brat sometimes. 

My phone started to ring bringing me out of my reveries. Seeing that it's my mom, I picked up with a smile. "Hi mom," I said as I put the speaker on. "Hi sweetie how are you," she said in her usual cheerful voice. "I'm fine mom. How are you? How is my little Cyrus doing," I asked as I heard him squealing in the background. "I'm fine honey. Cyrus is also fine. Actually Devon told me to let you know that him, Stella and Cyrus will be coming to Michigan for the week," she said and my eyes instantly lit up. "That's great mom. When are they actually coming here," I asked her as I was getting some paperwork done. "Maybe tomorrow. Elle and Zach are coming along with them," she said. "Okay mom, then they can all stay at the mansion. I'll let Jace know because he is currently not here mom," I said as I was ready the contract in front of me. Multitasking at its finest. "He is with Jess," mom squealed making me laugh. "Yes mom. I have some work to get done so I'll talk to you later mom. Bye, I love you," I said. "Ok sweetie don't overwork yourself. I love you. Oh and dad said he loves you too," she said before hanging up. 

*The next morning*

"Good morning big bro," I said as I saw my brother come through the front door. "Good morning princess," he said looking all happy. "Seems like someone had a very very nice night," I said teasing him. "Stop it princess. So what's new," he asked as he ate the breakfast I made for him. "Mom called and Devon is coming today. Oh also Zach and Elle as planned," I said as I sipped on my coffee. "Dev is coming," he said excitedly and I nodded. "Stella and Cyrus are coming as well," I said and saw his eyes lit up. He loves Cyrus as much as I do. "At what time are they coming," he said and I told him the time. "Oh shit it also slipped my mind. Princess you will have to attend a charity event on the part of our company this Friday," he said making me frown. "Jace you know I don't like going to this events. I'm uncomfortable," I said as I looked at him with my puppy eyes. "Please princess. It's a charity event. It's for a good cause. Zach must be going there too to represent his company so you won't be alone," he said making me feel convinced a little bit. "Okay fine I'll do this for you," I said. He came and gave me a big hug and kissed me on the cheek.

After a few hours, Devon called me to inform me that they all reached the mansion and asked me to come for dinner. I seriously can't wait to see them. I am currently in my office getting the maximum work done. You can say that I try working a lot in order to stop me from thinking too much. Work is kind of my escapism and it has been working perfectly. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Make sure to vote and comment. I would really appreciate if you check out the two other books on my profile. 

-Love Mokshda