Chapter 10

Celeste's POV 

As soon as I reached home, I went straight to my room with Zach and Elle following me. "What's wrong Celeste? Please tell me," Zach said as I threw myself on my bed. He sat on the edge of my bed and Elle grabbed the beanbag from the corner. "Promise me that you will not do anything and keep your calm after I tell you everything," I said and he looked at me with a frown. "Fine," Zach said as he sighed. "Jason was with me because of a bet and I just found out as we heard him and some of the jocks talking," I said as I felt my eyes fill up with tears. "THAT BASTARD! How dare he play with you like that," Zach said as I saw his fists clenched. "Please keep calm. You promised Zach," I said as I saw Elle squeeze him forearm. He relaxed under her touch making me heave a sigh of relief. 

I should not waste my tears over him but I can't help it. Elle got up catching my attention. She made her way to the window which was opposite to Jason's window. She closed the window and closed the curtains. Suddenly my phone started to ring and it was no other than Jason and I decided to ignore it. I just turned my phone off and decided not to let this affect me but I knew deep down I was totally broken. If I actually break down, I know that my friends will be worried sick so I have to be the mature one and pretend that this situation does not affect me. 

After getting out of my prom dress and putting something comfy on, I made my way downstairs to the cinema room where Elle and Zach were waiting for me

After getting out of my prom dress and putting something comfy on, I made my way downstairs to the cinema room where Elle and Zach were waiting for me. "You came back early princess," dad said as he saw me coming downstairs. "It wasn't really that much fun so we decided to come back," I said not looking directly into his eyes. Yeah well I'm pretty bad at lying but I was relieved that dad didn't question me any further. 

"Guys I need some time away," I said and Elle looked at me in shock. "I know that you want to clear your mind Celeste but please don't rush things okay," she said knowing how badly I must have been hurt. I can never hide my true feelings from her. She literally sees right through me. "Anyways where do you want to go then," Zach asked as he rubbed my back. "Well as you guys know me and Jace will be moving to Michigan and the penthouse is ready but it is not furnished. So I am thinking that maybe I could use some time and just decorate the place a little bit. Jace said that we can go there when I want so why waste time right," I said as I waited for their reactions. Suddenly, Elle seemed to become sad. "Elle don't be like that. You can come and visit me whenever you want," I said as I made my way to her and hugged her. "Are you sure that this not an excuse to run away from Jason," Elle said as I pulled away. Gosh she knows me so well. I simply shook my head and she didn't question me any further. 

"So when are you planning on going to Michigan," Elle asked me as I lost in my thoughts. "Probably the day after," I said and I saw Zach's eyes widened. "That quickly! Are you sure you want to do this," he said looking a little sad and I simply nodded. "I need to tell my family about it because it is such a sudden decision," I said as I leaned back into my seat while closing my eyes. "By the way guys have you already decided where you wanna go for university," I asked trying to ease the tension but I could see that Zach was still disturbed by what happened to me. He is just like my brothers, ready to beat up whoever hurts me. 

After talking for about two hours, Elle and Zach went back home. That was when I went to tell my parents that I want to go to Michigan and we ended up making it into a family vacation to Michigan. After talking to them, I went back to my room where I then was clouded by the events of the worst prom ever. 

Sitting on my bed, I couldn't help the tears scrolling down my cheeks. Holding it in hurt my heart so much but I couldn't bear the pain anymore. I felt really guilty at the moment as I ruined prom night for Zach and Elle. I feel so selfish at this moment. At this point, I had a stuffy nose and my eyes were bloodshot. The tears made wet tracks down my face and the crystal beads rolled to my trembling chin. 

Looking at my reflection in my bathroom mirror, I saw the most vulnerable girl ever

Looking at my reflection in my bathroom mirror, I saw the most vulnerable girl ever. I looked like I would fall just by the blow of the wind. Wiping my tears with the back of my hand, I crouched down to the sink and washed my face. I felt relax as soon as the cold water hit my face. It's time for me to build up the walls. No one will have the benefit of hurting me ever again. I don't need a man in my life. I have been fine till now so I will be fine in the future. I don't need a man who will make me worry about getting cheated on or played by. I made this mistake once and I am not going to let that happen again. For now what is important is that I am moving to Michigan. It's a new chapter with a fresh start. I hate Jason Donovan and I hope to never see him ever again. As I thought of those words, a tear slipped from the corner of my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. It was really too good to be true. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys hope you enjoy this one. Make sure to vote and let me know what you think of the chapter by commenting. Also make sure to share this book it would mean the  world to me. Until next time guys. 

Oh before I go make sure to check out my others two books which are already completed : Dealing with Mr Billionaire and Billionaire's Love. 

-Love Mokshda