Chapter 3

Celeste's POV

"So how was the water guys," I asked Morgan and Zach as they made their way back to me. "The water is great why didn't you come," Zach as he sat next to Morgan. "I just wanted to get some sun," I said as I saw Morgan looking at him all dreamily. 

"Awe aren't you guys looking all cute," I said as I pinched Zach's cheeks. At the same time, I got a message from Devon asking me where I am so I decided to call him. After a few rings, Devon picked up. "Hey Celeste," he said as soon as he picked up. 

"Hey big bro. Did you need me," I asked as I admired the beauty of the sky. "Not really but where are you? I came home and mom is busy in her office and you are no where to be seen," he said sounding a bit worried. 

"I'm at the beach with Zach. You can join us," I said. "Oh yea I'm coming then," he said excitedly. Yea we really love the beach in my family. 

"Bro make sure that you bring the cupcakes you always make," I said before hanging up. "Zach my brother is coming in a bit," I said as he was setting up the fire. "That's great. Oh oh did you tell him to bring the pastries he makes," he said and I nodded. Devon's pastries are the best of the entire place. Even the aesthetic of his pastries are drool worthy. 

After some time, I started roasting marshmallows and made smores which is the best thing ever

After some time, I started roasting marshmallows and made smores which is the best thing ever. As I was about to bite into my smore, I felt myself being lifted up from my seat. I heard Zach and Morgan laughing. 

As soon as I was put back on my feet, I turned to see my dear brother. "Where are my cupcakes Devon," I asked looking at his empty hands. He scoffed as he heard what I said. "Seriously angel that's horrible. It's in the car. Here go get it," he said as he handed me the keys. 

Making my way to the car, I couldn't help but keep on thinking about Jason. Why did he have to be such a jerk?  Every time he speaks to me, he makes me want to just hide and never come out. As I was walking, I saw the guy that I have been thinking about is just a few feet away from me. Thank God he hasn't seen me yet. 

Rushing to the car, I quickly got the box of cupcakes and was about to get back when a random guy just walked up to me. He was getting uncomfortably close to me so I asked him what he was doing. "Well don't you look all beautiful little girl," the guy said as he held my chin making gasp. "Leave me alone you creep," I said as I tried to push him away. 

"And why would I want that when there is a beautiful girl like you in front of me," he said as he grasped my arm. "Let go of the girl," I heard the strong voice of Jason. "Go away kid," he told Jason still not letting go of my arm. "I said let go of the girl," Jason said just before launching his fist in the face of the creepy guy. 

The guy fell down and moaned in pain. He eventually got up and ran away. With my hand against my heart which was beating so hard, I tried to calm myself down after having put the box of cupcakes on the top of the car. "Thanks," I said in a meek voice. 

"Why do you put yourself in those shits huh," Jason said as he gritted his teeth. "Oh you mean it's my fault," I said started to feel pissed. "Why did you have to come here wearing just your swimsuit," he shouted as he pointed at me. 

"Why do you give a fuck? Besides it's not my fault that some creep was here at that moment. Why do you always have to be so rude," I yelled at him. "Because... I want to. Seriously it's like you are inviting those people to you," he said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. 

"Listen up Jason this is a beach and it's totally fine to wear something like that okay. I can't stand here listening to you just blaming me for things that I haven't even done. I mean keep your-" I couldn't finish my sentence as I felt myself being pulled towards him and his lips crashed into mine. What the hell is happening right now? Why is the jerk kissing me? 

Oh no I'm enjoying this too much. With all my force, I tried to push him away but it was in vain. "What is wrong with you," I said as he finally let go of me. All he had was that stupid smirk on his face. God how I want to slap him right now? "You just talk too much," he said arrogantly. Feeling frustrated, I took the box of cupcakes and hurried to Devon. 

"What's with the scowl on your face," Devon asked as I sat down

"What's with the scowl on your face," Devon asked as I sat down. "Oh it's nothing," I said as I decided not to let that idiot ruin my time. The sky was so beautiful. The sun was setting and the sky was filled with beautiful colors. "Those cupcakes are the best Devon," Zach said as he stuffed his face with one cupcake. 

As I was roasting another marshmallow when Zach came up to me and smashed a cupcake and smudged all the frosting on my face. "Zachary Jefferson I am going to kill you," I said as I wiped the frosting from my face. 

Getting up, I started running after him but as I was about to catch him but he swiftly lifted me onto his shoulder. "What is up with people lifting me up so much today," I shouted as I started hitting his back. 

As I saw him walking in the water, I started to panic knowing what he was up to. I was about to do something when suddenly I caught Jason looking at us intently. His jaws went tight and his fist was clenched. Seriously I think that guy hates me to the core. Well the kiss was really something but I'm pretty sure he did it just to make me stop talking. I mean he kisses girls on a daily basis. With that thought, I gagged. 

Just then I felt myself being launched into the water. Gosh it's cold. Going back to the surface, I gasped for air. "Zach why do you have to be so annoying," I said. Just then, I saw Morgan looking at me angrily. I am definitely sure that she has some kind of problem with me. "Zach listen, I think Morgan doesn't like me," I said and he looked at me in total confusion. 

"Don't be absurd Celeste why would you say that," he said as he ruffled my wet hair. "Well every time that we are together, she is throwing daggers at me," I said sounding worried. "You are just imagining things. Come on hop on my back," he said as he helped me onto his back. 

Still feeling skeptical about this whole thing, I climbed on his back and we made our way back to my brother and Morgan. He would always give me or Elle piggy back rides and it's the best thing ever. Oh shit, Morgan is still glaring at me. Is Zach really not seeing this? "Why is she looking at me like that," I asked Devon hoping that he saw it too. "She looks so pissed," Devon said as he laughed. At least I am not the only one who saw it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here is another one for you. Hope you guys like it. 

As always make sure to Vote and comment what you think of the chapter. 

-Love Mokshda