Chapter 6

Celeste's POV

Lately, my mind has been constantly going back to the fact that Jason has asked me out and that doesn't seem to be sitting well with me. Maybe I'm overacting, I mean he has been the biggest jerk to me since we got into school and now suddenly he has the urge to tell me that he likes me. Oh man maybe I should give it a shot because I'll probably regret it if I do not actually try right? 

"Celeste I'm talking to you," Jace told me as he snapped his fingers in front of me. "I'm sorry Jace what were you saying," I said feeling a little embarrassed. "Well I was saying I'm gonna be moving to Michigan to handle the business there right and I know that you have been wanting to join the business world," Jace said and I nodded. 

"Well there is a great business school in Michigan and well I was talking to dad about maybe you coming with me there and helping me out," he said and suddenly I realised what he just said. My eyes widened and started to sparkle. 

"Oh my God Jace that would be so great," I said as I hugged him so so tightly. "Man when did you get so strong. Anyways I know that you are going to be of a great help to me as well I can proudly say the my babysister skipped a few grades," he said making me slap my forehead. Well yea I skipped two grades because well according to my teachers I am a really bright student. 

"It would be a great start for you honey," dad said as he took a bite of his pasta. "Yea dad it will be. I was actually thinking of telling you about college and now it's not even necessary," I said with a smile. "How can I let two of my kids live alone in an unknown state," mom whined as she pouted. I know dad can't say no to her. 

"Mom we are gonna be fine," Jace said in a pleading voice. I know how Jace has been wanting to move out since so long but couldn't because mom keeps convincing him to stay back. "It's so unfair you guys are gonna leave me here behind," Devon said as he groaned. 

"Oh come on big bro don't be such a baby," I said as I glared at him. "Okay well then expect me to be visiting often," he said making me roll my eyes. I felt the excitement rising within me as I ate my food. 

A few hours later

Lying flat on my back, I stared at my ceiling with all sorts of thoughts clouding my mind. Suddenly my phone vibrated, signaling me that I have received a text message. Taking my phone, I opened the message:

I'll wait for you after school tomorrow, I wanna take you out. -Jason

Oh well demanding much- Celeste

You won't be disappointed.-Jason 

Looking at his text, I couldn't help but smile. Putting my phone on my night stand, I just closed my eyes and smiled as wide as I could. Oh no, what is he doing to me? With that thought, I slowly drifted into a deep slumber. 

The next morning, I was getting late so I was practically running downstairs and doing things as fast as I could. On top of that mom was screaming at me for being late and for not having breakfast and all other stuff but I didn't have time to listen to her as Jace would probably leave me if I do not hurry. 

After reaching school, I was running to my class and thank God the bell had not rung yet. "Damn you look like you ran a marathon," Elle said as I caught up to her and Zach. "Yeah I was just getting late," I said as I was panting. 

"Hey by the way Zach has put our names to help for the preparation of the graduation ceremony," Elle said as she glared at Zach. "Oh well that's good. I'm up to help. Anyways have you asked Megan to prom already," I said teasing Zach a little bit.