Chapter 3

~Olivia's POV~

Lunch time comes around, and I was sitting with Lori, Shelby, and Nashira.

"Hey, sis, who's this?" Calum, who I assume, asks.

"Calum, this is Olivia. Olivia, Calum." Shelby smiles, introducing me to Calum.

"Hi." I smile, shyly.

"Hello. It's very nice to meet you. I'm sure Ashton will be delighted to-" He says, but I cut him off.

"Wait, you're friends with Ashton?" 

"Yeah. He sent me here to get your name.. Since Shelby's my sister, and you seem like you're friends with her." Calum explains.

"Why the fuck are you friends with Ashton?" I think to myself... Or, at least, I thought so.

"He's a dick sometimes... But if you get to know him... He's nice." Calum chuckles.

"Well, go tell him that I'm not interested." 

"Oh. Oh yeah, and he seems a little different today. Ever since he saw you, he's acted different. I'm sure it's nothing, but maybe he likes you. I mean, he did send me to get your name... Alright, well I gotta meet up with my girlfriend Charity.." Calum smiles, walking away.

Shelby groans, while rolling her eyes. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"I just don't really trust Charity much." She shrugs.

"Why?" I ask.

"I honestly don't know.. I just.. I don't know." She sighs, frustratingly running a hand through her long dark-brown hair. 

"Well, well, well.. Hello, Olivia." Ashton smiles over at us, taking a seat beside me.

His thigh, almost touching mine. I look over to my side, as I furrow my eyebrows.

"Don't touch me." I scoot over, getting closer to Lori.

"Come on, baby. I know you like it." He smirks.

"Fuck no." I spit. "Help me.." I beg, whispering to Lori.

"Sorry, Olivia.. I don't know how to help you." Lori apologizes.

"Ashton, could you just go?" I ask, sighing.

"Only if you kiss me." He winks.

A few gasps, and wide eyes fill the cafeteria. 

Oh, great. First day of school, and I'm already center of attention.

"What?" I ask, in disbelief.

"I know you heard me. Now choose. Either you kiss me and I leave, or I stay here." 

I look over to Nashira who still has her eyes wide. Once she notices I was looking over at her for help, she shrugs her shoulders; not knowing what to say.

I do the same to Shelby, but she does the same thing as what Nashira did; shrug her shoulders.

I look to my side, and Lori rubs her face with her hands, frustratingly. 

"Well, have you decided yet? Everyone is waiting." Ashton asks, unpatiently.

"No. I'd rather you stay, than kiss you." 

A few Oooh's and gasps go around the cafeteria as Ashton's reaction was priceless.

He definitely looked hurt, and shocked. "Fine, whatever, I was gonna go anyway." He mumbles.

"You, my friend.. are a legend. I still can't believe you turned him down. Oh my god."  Nashira chuckles.

"You could say that I'm special." I smile.