Chapter 16- Hunter?

Juno’s P.O.V

Groaning, I rolled over grabbing my cell phone. Frustrated I threw my phone on the floor, once I saw the same blocked number.

The same person constantly texted me- twenty-four seven. It drove me crazy, they texted me at all hours of the day. It was as if the person never slept.

The person often brings up all memories that I would rather keep locked away. I had managed to put a mental block on most of the memories, but now I couldn’t help but think about it.

I never showed anyone the locket that my mom got me. Again, Rose was a first for that. Much like she was the first to know about me being gay.

I rolled out of bed, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep. I showered and got dressed before going downstairs. 

I slumped into the kitchen chair. Hearing my uncle stumble into the kitchen, I turned my head to face him. “Food.” I moaned.

“You’re not a caveman Juno, use words,” Terry chided, walking towards the stove.

I rolled my eyes but complied anyway, “I’m hungry dearest uncle, could you make me some food please.”

“Sarcasm at its finest.”

“Thanks for the pancakes.” I said, with a smile playing at my lips. Terry rolled his eyes, but started to make pancakes.

“Why were you so late home yesterday?” my uncle asked, pouring the batter into the pan.

“I was at the park with Rose.” I told rather bluntly.

Terry turned to face me and waggled his eyebrows. I shook my head, sending in an incredulous look.

Once Rose and I had left the ice cream parlour, we had gone to the park; where I use to think. I used to go there all the time with my dad and now I use it as a place to think things over.

Rose had told me over and over again that all I needed to do was ignore the messages. The person texting was just trying to get a reaction out of me. If I ignored it, the person would eventually get bored and drop it.

I decided to listen to Rose, she seemed to know best.

Terry placed a plate full of pancakes in front of me. I quickly thanked him before hungrily tucking in.

“I’m bored.” I announced to no one in particular. Terry popped his head into the front room, rolling his eyes.

“You can help me install the new bathroom?”

I cocked a brow at him, “No thanks. That requires effort,” I told him in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Play assassins creed with me?” Quinn asked, flicking the Xbox to life.

I shrugged, catching the controller Quinn threw at me, “O.K. It’s better than installing a mew bathroom.”

“I heard that!”

“Supposed too.”

I heard a tsking noise coming from the bathroom. I shook my head smiling as Edward Kenway appeared on the screen.

“I’m going beat you.” Quinn challenged.

I shot him a knowing look and said, “It’s on Quinny!”

“Ugh, I hate that name.”

“I can’t do this anymore.” I whined, putting down the controller. We had played for three hours straight, and my eyes were killing me.