Chapter 10- Learning New Things

Melrose's P.O.V

“Beau breakfast” I yelled, hoping he would hear me.

I heard no noise coming from upstairs. No frantic scrambling or scraping of doors in locks.

Nothing.

I strode upstairs, before swiftly knocking on Beau’s door. Even though I hadn’t forgiven him, I wouldn’t ignore him like he had me.

“Beau!” I yelled again. Still nothing. I smiled as thought of something that would bring him out of hiding for definite. “If you don’t come out, I’ll have to show that video.”

Almost instantly Beau’s door was being unlocked and Beau appeared. He shook his head before saying “You wouldn’t.”

“Oh well then twin you don’t know me. Anyway I thought you weren’t speaking to me.” I retorted and Beau scoffed.

“Not by choice.”

My shoulders slumped. I honestly thought it was an act. That he really did want to talk to me but waited to see who cracked first. 

I grabbed my bag pack and slung it over my shoulder. “Bye then.”

Beau and I had never had such a long argument before. I actually missed not speaking to him. I kicked a stray stone that evaded my path. It tumbled down the sidewalk before then falling flat.

I mean Beau was my rock. My parents were never around so it was just Beau and I against the world. And for Beau just to ignore me, hurt.

A beep of a car broke my reverie. My head snapped up to see a Mitsubishi Eclipse parked to my right. The window went down to reveal Noel.

“Get in.” he told, already opening the passenger door from the inside. I stumbled to the other side and clumsily slid in.

“I swear you don’t live this way!”

“I don’t.”

“How come you’re driving this way?” I asked intrigued as to why he would drive the longer way.

He tapped his thumbs on the steering wheel, while waiting to pull out. “Oh, the road was shut so I had to drive this way.”

After that it was pretty much quiet. It always was quiet when I was with Noel. I didn’t know much about the guy but I felt awkward to ask questions.

My mind was instantly drawn back to Juno. I knew him less than Noel but I felt like I could relate with Juno more- God knows why. I never really had to worry what I said around him because in the end he didn’t mind too much.

Noel was first to break the silence. “Where’s Beau? Surely he would be driving you.” he asked, not looking my way.

I shrugged. I guess Beau hadn’t told Noel that we weren’t talking. “He’s ignoring me because of a petty argument.” I explained and Noel shook his head slightly.

“Typical Beau” he tsked “What was your argument about, may I ask?”

I glanced out the window, looking at the smiles of Kindergarten kids as they skipped to school. “Just because I’m friendly with this boy at school.” I enlightened. I noticed from the corner of my eye, that Noel’s shoulders sagged.

What’s up with him, was he jealous? Of course not Rose stop letting your head run wild. With that nothing more was said.

 ~

“Hey, you wanna sit with us at lunch?” I asked Juno.

Juno didn’t say anything for a brief seconds before he shot me a small smile. “Eh, why not.”