Chapter 2- Detention Talks

Melrose's P.O.V

 It’s better to burn than to fade away

 It’s better to leave than to be replaced

 I felt around for my alarm clock, without opening my eyes. ‘It’s got to be around here somewhere’ I thought.

I’m losing to you, baby, I’m no match

I’m going numb, I’ve been hijacked

 I slammed my hand down on the button and Brendon Urie stopped singing my favourite song.  Why did he have to be married? I hummed the tune, as I got ready.

I got up extra early because one, yesterday I was really late and two, I was going to cook breakfast for Beau. I felt bad for pushing him to give information on Juno, when he clearly didn’t like him.

When we had arrived home, he had barely talked all evening. He had ignored all my attempts to speak to him. I didn’t think it was that bad, wanting to speak to Juno. After my questions, he processed to bed earlier than usual.

Half an hour later, I had made pancakes (which weren’t circular), bacon and toast. I heard footsteps down the stairs and I smiled to myself. Beau couldn’t resist food after all.

A doleful look spread across my face as, his footsteps got slower as he reached the kitchen. He was still mad. The guilt washed over me once again, I just hoped Beau would forgive me.

“Morning,” I said coyly.

“What’s all this for?” He asked. I rolled my eyes and gave him ‘isn’t obvious look’ but he played innocent. He wanted to hear the words come out of my mouth.

“To say sorry for yesterday, I pushed you for information you clearly didn’t want to give.” He sighed, and looked at me.

“I’m not mad. I just don’t want to see you hurt by him; that’s why I didn’t want to tell you about him,” He said.

I felt like a fool, Beau had always been protective of me. Yet I couldn’t see that this was just another way of him being protective. I walked up to Beau and gave him a hug.

We arrived at school and for once Cc hadn’t attacked me into a bear hug. Where was she? “Come on there’s someone who wants to meet you.”

“Huh?” I asked, stopping in my tracks. Beau he didn’t answer as he tugged at my arm to usher me forward.

I had no idea who wanted to meet me. I knew all of Beau’s friends. Heck, I knew all my friends, friends. Wait was Logan coming to our school?  Cc never told us he was coming to school; I didn’t even know where he came from.

We got to Cc’s homeroom, there wasn’t anyone else around apart from my friends. There was one person I didn’t recognise and he stood next to Cc.

He was a few inches shorter than Beau was; with dirty blonde hair and chocolate eyes. He was also well built up, with his black top and jeans he looked incredibly hot. I could see why Cc liked him.

Something told me I had seen him before, he looked so familiar. I couldn’t place a finger on where I had seen him before. I brushed it off; there’s no way I could have seen him before. America’s a big country.

“Hey Rose, meet Logan. Logan meet Rose.” Cc declared. He walked forward and stretched out his hand and I shook it.

He bent down slightly and whispered, “I’ve heard so much about you. Cc wouldn’t be quiet about you. I couldn’t wait to finally meet the girl.” He said, his voice was low and he smirked as he made his way over to Cc once again.