Chapter 5- Sterile Rooms

Melrose's P.O.V

I turned back around to giveBeau a small wave. I knocked the door, as I heard Beau drive off behind me. The door opened and a guy stood at the door.

“Hey Logan.” I said with a smile. He gave me a brief questioning look before his face dawned in realisation. A smirk crossed his face as he stood back allowing me to get in.

“Rose.” he said. I stood in the living room looking around. I couldn’t see Cc anywhere.

“Erm… where’s Cc?” I said in a slightly quieter voice. He didn’t answer for a few seconds; like he was trying to remember himself. He pointed upstairs and without another word I trudged upstairs.

There was something different about up here. Its normally light and airy feel had been replaced with a darker and heavier atmosphere. I looked around the hallway and saw a door that was slightly ajar. On the door it had posters of numerous of bands; that I didn’t recognise.

I peered into the room which was painted with dark blues and blacks. The blind was still down and things were everywhere.

“Get lost?” a voice appeared behind me. I cleared my throat and said

“Yeah,” I lied, I had been here more times I had been to school but I wouldn’t let Logan know that. After all I didn’t want him knowing I was snooping around his room.  

“Cc’s room is over there.” he told as he pointed to a room the other side of the hallway. I turned on my heel and walked into Cc’s room. She was sat on her bed fumbling with the TV remote.

She looked up and a smile blossomed on her face. “Hey Rose.” I sat down next to her and gave her a hug.

“You O.K?” she asked. I looked up and her face was filled with concern. I nodded and proceeded to play with my ring.

It was the ring Beau had given to me when I was five; but I had to have the ring expanded so it fit my finger now. It was simple sliver ring with my initial on the front. Inside it had Beau’s initial. I smiled at how simple it was- but I had never taken it off.

“Did Beau give you a lift?” she asked and I nodded. There was only one reason why I didn’t have my own car and driver’s license.

The theory test.

I failed every time. I tried three times and I couldn’t do it. I had attempted to get my driver’s license way before Beau. At the start I was doing so well that my parents bought me a car early. It was the Audi TT that Beau drove around. I was meant to be mine, but I kept failing.

Eventually Beau overtook me and got his driver’s license before me and the car. It had cost my parents a bomb and I still was jealous of Beau.

“How are you and Logan then?” I asked nudging her playfully. She rolled her eyes and crossed her legs onto the bed.

“We’re good, still hiding it from the parents.”

“Have you done anything?” I didn’t really want to know it was just fun to get Cc all flustered. I never once seen Cc like that until Logan came along.

Her face became red as she looked down into her lap. Her blonde hair falling into her face as there was a knock at her door.

“Come in.” she yelled. In came a dirty blonde mess of hair and muscles. He stood by the door and leant against the door frame.

“Talking about me again” he joked and Cc’s cheeks grew in colour once again.

“You wish.” she muttered as he walked in further.