prologue

No smut warning

Lance

“My parents are the worst,” I sigh. “No they're not,” Hunk sighs as he continues working on his homework. “Yes they are, they keep telling me to look for the special one, get into   a relationship, all that mumbo-jumbo,” I let out a frustrated groan and Hunk chuckles. “Sorry to say this but are you even trying to do your homework?” Hunk looks up and starts clicking his pen. “I can't concentrate, I need to talk for a bit before actually being able to physically write something down. Do you think they're right?” Hunk puts away his things and he shakes his head. “No, not everyone does things at the same pace, but you could always download a dating app to show them you're trying,” Hunk suggests. “Sounds like a plan,” I say as I grab my phone. “Hey, there's a party tonight at Henny’s, wanna go?” I say as I close Facebook. “Sure thing, maybe tell your parents you'll be looking for a date or something,” he looks at me with an all knowing face and I nod. I open my messenger and start typing away.

[8/18, 17:54] Lancelot: Hey Mom, there's a party tonight and Hunk and I are going. If I don't come home, I'll probably be at some person's house, maybe getting a date or something, idk. Also won't be there for dinner tonight

My mom starts typing immediately, and soon I get a reply.

[8/18, 17:54] MotherShip: Okay, thanks for letting me know! Have fun and score a pretty one!

I show Hunk the messages and he nods. “Your mom doesn't know you're bi, right?” He asks and I turn red. “Neither did you,” I look away and he starts laughing. “Not that hard to guess. You always could go with a guy you know, to piss off your parents,” he smiles mischievously and I nod. “That's not a bad idea actually,” I say as I rub my chin. “You look so evil with your bisexual superpowers,” Hunk starts laughing and I can't help but join too. “Superpowers? Hell yeah!” I say and I dab. “You and Pidge are the biggest memes I know,” Hunk shakes his head but I can see that he's smiling. “Just don't take anyone to my house,” Hunk glances at me and I nod. “I'm there so often, can't I just come live with you?” I whine and he nods. “I'm planning on moving out soon, if you think you could miss three fifty a month, you could join me. I mean, it has three bedrooms which is way too much for an apartment with one bathroom,” he says and I think I could be seen a literal sun right now. “Fuck yes,” I smile brightly and he laughs. “You should know that there's another guy joining and you don't know him,” Hunk smiles and I nod. “Should be okay, no worries, now let's get ready for that party.”