Chapter 5:

Song: Silence by Marshmello ft. Khalid 

"You cannot heal in the same environment that made you sick" ~ Unknown 

NOT EDITED

"You're not being serious are you, Lay? I mean come on, you're the best wing woman out there you can't up and leave just because 'mommy' and 'daddy' say so?" Melanie, one of the girls I came to this trash party with, stated.

I simply rolled my eyes, my fingers squeezing around the red solo cup in my hand. I still haven't taken a sip. For some reason, I couldn't help but to cringe at the foul smell when I almost went in to take a sip and so I settled for just holding onto it. Maybe I just wasn't feeling it tonight.

"No, I'm serious Mel. This is my last party and then after that, I'm done. My parents are pretty much done with their daughter disobeying daughter and they said if I don't get my shit together then they're going to ship me off to my overly religious grandmother. But hey, don't sweat it alright? I'll still come out every now and again. Just not as often." I shrugged my shoulders. It was all true.

After coming home last night reeking of sex and alcohol once again, my parents flipped. Not that any girl could blame them. What kind of parents would they be if they didn't flip out? But apparently, that was the last straw. After a very long lecture and countless threats, I finally agreed to stop my 'shenanigans' as my mother so lightly put it, and get my act together. I didn't do it for them. Certainly not for my parents. If I had it my way, I would've told them to fuck off before leaving that house again. But no.

I only agreed because being shipped off to my grandmother would be a nightmare. She would kick my ass sideways with a belt if she could. Always the religious one, my grandmother quoted the Bible every single time she could. She never let me forget what a screw-up I was and told me every chance she got I was going to burn in Hell if I didn't confess my sins and beg for forgiveness.

There was no way I was going to be stuck with that woman until I turn eighteen. No. Way. So, I decided tonight would be my last night of partying. I didn't plan on having sex tonight. I wasn't really in the mood. I just wanted to have fun one last time before giving it all up to appease my parents.

"Whatever," Melanie scoffed. "Drink up and come dance with me. I think I see a cute group over there by the drinks. Hmm, I haven't seen them around. They just be new," Melanie grinned, and I followed her gaze to the group of boys serving the drinks.

They didn't look like high schoolers. They looked like college boys. What the hell were they doing at a high school party than?

The one in the middle had dark brown curly hair that fell into his eyes every time he moved. His nose was narrow and his lips were pulled into a small smirk as he spoke to the other guys around him. He was the one passing out drinks. His eyes were cold. They looked black from here. Like an endless pool of tar. He had the type of eyes that would unnerve anybody if you were to get on his bad side.

The two on each of his side was equally as attractive. The one on his left with shaggy blonde hair and pale lips. Blue eyes that were calculative; scanning the room every now and again. He looked serious. The one on his right looked nervous. He looked like he didn't belong with his short black hair and thin lips that shook every now and again. He was slightly fidgety and had this "nerd" aura to him.

But, Mel was right. They seemed new here. And they were cute. Maybe if I was feeling in the mood I would go up and talk to them. But I really wasn't up for flirting tonight.