chapter 13

RYA POV

I was so happy today because I was going to do my 3-month checkup. I didn't get to do my 2-month checkup because of everything that was going on. I was anxiously waiting for Ace to come upstairs so he could take me to the family doctor. He told me that he was going to take care of some mess that needed cleaning. I'm not sure what that means. "Rya, let's go now," Ace said as he walked up the stairs while fixing his suit and brushing his arms off. He walked up to me, and I looked at him. "There is something on your suit. What is that?" I asked, and he took out his handkerchief to wipe his cheek. "Is that blood? Did you get hurt or..." I said but couldn't even finish; he killed someone.

"Черт возьми, он испортил мой костюм" He said in his language, "I'll go get cleaned up." Ace was added, and I felt like I wanted to throw up.

[Fucking shit, he got my suit all messed up.]

I sat down and then waited again for Ace to wash up. "This is taking forever; I want to see my baby," I groaned out. A few minutes later, Ace came downstairs in a new suit.

Are we going to ignore the fact that he tortured or possibly killed someone?

"Rya, let's go," Ace said, and I happily followed behind him. He took my hand in his, then walked down the hall. "How are you feeling today?" He asked me as he turned his head to look at me.

"I'm fine," I softly said.

"Did you eat?" He asked while staring deeply into my eyes. He was making me all warm inside.

"No, I was too excited to, so I just drank some tea," I told him, and his hold on my hand tightened and his eyes darkened.

"Rya, do you want me to be angry with you?" He asked as we continued walking how far we were going to go. I looked at him innocently, then shook my head. "Then eat; never ever skip breakfast, lunch, or dinner; this baby should be healthy," he told me, and I simply nodded. He suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned towards a white door that said doctor's office. Who knew he would have his own doctor?

Ace knocked on the door, and a male voice told him he could enter. "Doctor Petrov," Ace called as we walked in. My eyes landed on the man, who looked about 50, sitting down with a stethoscope around his neck. His hair was white with a few black stripes.

"Welcome, and who is this lovely lady?" Doctor Petrov asked

"This is Rya; she's pregnant with my baby," Ace said as he led me over to the bed and then told me to sit down. The doctor gasped in surprise and then looked at me. "I'll explain everything later; she's here to do her 3-month checkup," Ace added, and the doctor nodded.

"Okay, let's get started. First, I'll check your weight and blood pressure. While I do that, I'll ask you a few questions. So how have your symptoms been going? Have there been any changes?" He asked as he gathered his tools.

"No changes; I get nauseous and fatigued, and my breasts are a little swollen," I told him, and Ace cleared his throat. I looked up at him, and he was staring down at my boobs with a smirk on his face.

Her eyes are up there, pervert.

After checking my weight and blood pressure, he asked me to pee in a little cup so he could check my urine for sugar and protein levels. "All good, now it's time to check your baby's growth and heartbeat," he said, and as soon as he said that, I got excited.

"Really, we are going to listen to the baby's heartbeat," I said in excitement, then looked at Ace, who was staring down at me with amusement in his eyes. I blushed, then quickly looked away.

"Okay, Rya, lift your shirt so I can rub this gel in your belly," he said, and I did so. I heard Ace clear his throat again, and I looked up at him. His hands balled in a fist, and he had an unbothered look on his face. Something was clearly bothering him.

"Ace, it's okay; I'm just going to use the wand to spread the gel," Doctor Petrov explained, and I wondered why. Was Ace jealous that the doctor was touching me?

"I didn't say anything," Ace said, then folded his arms up to his chest.

"Okay, here we go," the doctor said, then pointed at the screen.

"Look, Ace, it's the baby," I said while staring at the screen.

"Why does it look like that?" Ace asked with his eyebrows raised, and Ace was right; I couldn't figure out what was on the screen.

"No, not baby, babies," the doctor said, and a gasp left both mine and Ace's lips.

"I don't understand," I said, and the doctor smiled while positioning the wand so we could get a better look.

"This is baby A, and this is baby B," he said, and my heart began racing.

"Twins," Ace said, and the doctor nodded. "Банк при празднике," he said, then chuckled.

[Jackpot]

I only wanted one baby, but two? Another addition to the family Oh my god, I can't wait to tell Haley. "But Mr. Petrov, when I did my first ultrasound, the doctor didn't say anything about twins." I asked in confusion.

"I guess you had a sneaky baby; one of them was probably hiding," the doctor said, and Ace chuckled.

"Naughty babies!" Ace said, and I giggled.

"The baby's position, growth, and health are perfectly fine; now listen to their heartbeats," he said, and when their heartbeats started playing, I started crying.

"Ace, do you hear that?" I sobbed, and he leaned forward to wipe my tears.

"Why are you crying, Ry?" He asked in a calm and soothing voice.

"These are happy tears; I could listen to this all day," I said, as I patted my head.

"You're so soft," he said, then took his handkerchief to wipe my eyes and nose. "Thank you," I whispered, and he nodded.

"Okay, everything is fine," Doctor Petrov said, and I smiled.

"А как насчет секса?" Ace asked, and I wondered what he was asking the doctor. I really need to learn how to speak Russian.

[What about sex?]

"Sex is perfectly fine during pregnancy; don't worry." Doctor Petrov said, and I was shocked to the point that I couldn't say anything. Ace glared at the doctor, and he nervously laughed.

"Sorry," Doctor Petrov apologized as he handed a towel over to me so that I could wipe the gel from my stomach. Ace walked over to him, whispered something in his ear, and the doctor smiled.

"Okay, you are free to go; if you are feeling any pain, you can visit me." The doctor said that, and I nodded and stood up. I was still speechless; how could he even think about sex? Even though I've been here for two months, that doesn't mean I know everything about him—just a few things.
_________________