chapter 24

RYA POV

Finally, today was the day that we were going to find out the gender of the babies. Ace still disagrees with me that we should actually wait until the babies are born. I simply can't wait that long. I want to start buying clothes and designing their rooms. Ace suggested that the babies have separate rooms, but I told him no; it doesn't make sense. Who would want to go back and forth between two rooms. The twins should be together.

"Rya, come on, what's taking you so long?" Ace whined, and I rolled my eyes, then walked out of the bathroom.

"I think I gained a few more pounds," I said, then pouted, and he walked over to me.

"You look beautiful, Rya," Ace said, and I smiled. Every time I felt bad about myself, Ace was always there to cheer me up. He began raining kisses all over my face, and I giggled. "Now, can we go?" He asked, and I nodded.

We left the room and went to doctor Petrov office. "How are you doing on this fine day?" The doctor asked right as we walked into his office.

"I'm okay and happy; I can't wait to find out the genders," I excitedly said, and then the doctor smiled.

"As usual, we will check your weight and blood pressure, the baby's heart rate, and so on, and then we can do an ultrasound to determine the baby's gender." Doctor Petrov said, and I nodded.

Everything went by so fast in the blink of an eye. I didn't care about anything else; I just wanted to know the genders. I looked over at Ace, and he was staring blankly at the screen. What was on his mind?

I lifted my shirt, and the doctor placed the gel on my stomach. He grabbed the wand, then slowly began spreading the gel all over my belly. "There we go," he said, then pointed at the screen.

"Let's start with baby A," he said, and I smiled. "Baby A is a girl," he said, and I was so happy, I almost started to cry. I was really hoping for a girl. I glanced at Ace to see if he was as excited as me, but he had a blank expression on his face. "Baby B is a boy," the doctor said, and I heard Ace sigh in relief. I looked at him again, and he had a pleased look on his face.

"A boy and a girl, awesome," I said, and the doctor nodded. It is great that I have both genders in one go. Now I don't have to have any more kids. Two is enough.

"Ok, that's it for today. Your ultrasound is being printed, and you'll also get a view of their genders," Doctor Petrov said as he handed me a cloth to wipe off the gel. Ace helped me stand up, and I pulled my shirt down.

"I'm having a boy; I have to go and brag about it," Ace said as we left the room.

"And a girl," I reminded him, and he nodded, then gave me a half smile.

"And a princess," he said, and that made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

"Why do you want a boy that bad?" I asked, and he stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me.

"So he can become the heir to my throne," he said, then chuckled, and I rolled my eyes.

"But what if it was both girls?" I asked.

"I'd still love them, but we would have to have another until we get a boy," he said while scratching the back of his head. "You'll be my wife; I can't have sex with another woman just to get a boy. It has to be you, love."

What the fuck did he just say?

I don't know why, but that made me blush a little. I thought we were only getting married because of this pregnancy; I didn't know that we were going to have more kids. I'm the one carrying them and pushing them out, so as I said before, two is enough.

"Even if that was so, we wouldn't have anymore kids after this," I said, and he took steps towards me, and I took a few steps back. My back hit the wall, and he was hovering over me. I looked up at him in his deep blue eyes, and he smirked.

"What made you think so?" He asked as his fingers trailed up my leg.

"I-I," I began to stutter as he leaned forward to kiss me.

"I want more after these two; maybe three more," he said, and my heart started beating faster.

No, it's her coochie, not yours, and we say no.

"But I thought—" I was about to say when he cut me off.

"You thought what sunshine?" He asked as he trailed kisses along my neck. "You thought that the only reason we are getting married is because of this pregnancy; well, yes, that's one reason, but that still doesn't mean anything to me. What I want, I get; we locked in baby girl," he said, and I could feel him smiling against my skin.

"Break it up, you two," Anya said, and Ace took a step back. "So how was it?" She asked, and I stared at her blankly.

"How was what?" I asked, then blinked a few times, and he laughed at me.

"The genders, I came down to check, but it seems as if you guys are finished already," Anya said, and I nodded when my senses came back to me. My mind was all fuzzy after what Ace said.

"We are having a boy and a girl," Ace said, and Anya did a little dance.

"Yes, both genders," Anya said, then clapped. "I love babies, so Ace, I know you are excited about the boy. And you said that you didn't want any kids," Anya said as she approached him while eyeing him suspiciously.

"I'm young; I was waiting until I turned thirty years old," Ace said, then shrugged.

"Oh," Anya said.

"Can we go upstairs now?" Ace asked, and we nodded, then continued walking down the hall.

"I can't wait for him to grow older so I can teach him what my dad has taught me," Ace said, and that made me a bit worried. I wanted to live a normal life with my friends and family, but I ended up here. "And for my princess, I can't let her do much; I'll spoil her but also teach her a few techniques so she can protect herself," he added with a proud look on his face.

Even though I didn't agree to having this life, there is nothing that I can do. At least Ace will protect us. When we went upstairs, we were seated in the living room having a discussion. "Rya, are you okay? You look a little down ever since we got upstairs." Ace asked, and I looked at him.

"I'm scared; I don't want anything to happen to my babies," I said, and he softened and placed both his hands on my cheeks, gently caressing them.

"I'll protect you and the babies; there is nothing that you need to worry about, okay? Look at Anya and I; we were both raised in the mafia business, and we are okay," he assured me, and I nodded. That made me feel a little better.

"Where is Mitri? I haven't seen him," I asked while looking around. I could feel holes burning through my back from Ace's intense stare.

"What did you just call him?" Ace asked, and I looked at him. His jaws were clenched, and his hands balled in a fist.

Is he jealous?

"I don't think he likes that," Anya whispered into my ears, then giggled.

"Mitri, as in Dmitri," I told him, and he rolled his eyes.

"Don't call him Mitri; he is Dmitir," he said, and I scrunched my nose up. "Nicknames are only for me and no one else," he sternly said, and I giggled.

"When have I ever given you a nickname?" I asked just to play with his feelings a little.

"Acey," he said, then pouted, and I burst into laughter at the way he said it. Anya started laughing as well, and he glared at us.

"Fine, I'll only give you nicknames since you're jealous, Acey," I said, then pecked his cheeks.

"I'm not jealous," he said in his defense, and I nodded.

"Sure," I said, then grinned.
~~~~~~