chapter 3

ACE POV

For two whole weeks, I was frustrated and annoyed. My men searched the whole county, and there was no sign of Mina, which means one thing: that bitch left the country and went somewhere else. Ace," Dmitri called as he knocked on my office door.

"Come in," I said, then let out a sigh. I really hoped that he had good news.

"I found a few things about Mina's location," he said, and I relaxed in my seat a bit. I didn't even know I was so tense all over.

"I'm listening," I said, and he continued.

"Okay, so I found out that she left the country and she's actually in California," Dmitri said, and I mentally slapped myself.

"And what exactly would she achieve by leaving the country? What is she going to do to keep my baby from me?" I asked, then banged my fist against the wooden table in frustration.

"I'm not sure, but according to the data, She left and went to a fertility clinic, not sure which one. Dmitri paused. "I sent some men there to get her." Dmitri said, and I rolled my eyes but nodded.

"She thinks she's smart, leaving the country so she can get the insemination done," I said. "She must be pregnant by now. She thought she won, but as soon as my baby is born, I'll take the baby," I added, and Dmitri agreed.

"She's just stupid; she's lucky she has gotten this far, but in the end she'll fail miserably," Dmitri said, and I sighed and picked up my pen.

"Okay, I don't think I can work anymore. I need to clear my head," I said, then pushed my chair back a little. I stood, then grabbed my jacket that was placed on the back of my chair. I threw it over my shoulder, then shoved my other hand into my pocket.

"What about the meeting that you have at 2 with your dad discussing the shipments of the guns?" Dmitri asked as he looked at his tablet.

"Cancel it," I simply said.

"Are you sure your father hates it when you cancel on him?" Dmitri said, and I turned to look at him.

"I don't care; tell him that I need to clear my head; I'll do the meeting tomorrow or next week," I said, and Dmitri had a frightened look on his face. I know my dad is going to be angry at me, but I don't care.
__________

3 weeks

RYA'S POV

I just got back from work, and I was extremely exhausted. I got so many customers today, and I'm glad I'm all done and can go home. I took a long bath, then got dressed in sweatpants and a black t-shirt. I had this weird feeling in my stomach, and there was pressure on my chest.

I think someone wants to throw up.

That was true; the taco that I ate earlier was coming right back up. I quickly ran into the bathroom, then vomited out the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I've been like this for awhile now. I've been constantly having headaches and I get so tired. Sometimes I'm not even able to go to work. I have an idea as to why I feel so strange, and I was about to test my theory tomorrow.

Bitch I think you are pregnant.

My phone started ringing, and I quickly shook the thought away and washed my mouth out. At the third ring, I picked up my phone that was lying on the bed and answered it.

"Rya, how is it going?" Haley shouted, and I smiled.

"Awful!" I simply said, and I heard her laugh a little.

"Did you take the pregnancy test?" She asked, and I shook my head, not that she could see me.

"No, I haven't; I'm going to take one tomorrow," I said, and she groaned.

"Come on, Rya, what are you waiting for? I know you have some pregnancy tests in your bathroom," she said, and she was right.

"Fine, I'll do it, but I'm kind of scared even though I know I'm pregnant," I said as I walked into the bathroom. I put my phone on speaker, then placed it on the counter. Walking over to my cabinet, I took out the pregnancy box and opened it. I took out the test and read the instructions.

"Okay, all I need to do is pee on it, then wait a couple of minutes," I said, then sat down on the toilet. I had no problem peeing because I've been constantly going to the bathroom.

"I can't wait; I'm going to be a godmother," Haley said, and I smiled as I peed on the stick.

"Yeah, I know you're going to spoil my baby," I said as I got up and placed the test down.

"Sooo, how has it been during the past few weeks?" Haley asked; she was buying time while the test time was running out.

"Awful, this pregnancy just started, and I feel drained and terribly sick," I said, then rolled my eyes. "Who knew that pregnancy would be like this?" I said, and Haley laughed.

You wanted to get pregnant, so you deserve it.

"Not all pregnancies are like this; some women don't get any pregnancy symptoms at all," she told me, and I gasped.

"So lucky; I envy those women that get little to none," I said with a pout. We continued talking until I heard a small beep. My head snapped towards the pregnancy test. I quickly grabbed the test and looked at it. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that it had a plus sign. "I'm pregnant," I said, then took a deep breath and exhaled. Even though I knew it, it still came as a shock.

 "I knew it," Haley said with happiness in her voice, and I smiled a little

"I knew it," Haley said with happiness in her voice, and I smiled a little. I felt the urge to vomit again, and I ran to the toilet. I vomited out what I had left, and now I'm really hungry. "Hey, Rya Are you okay? Do you want me to come over tomorrow?" Haley asked as I continued to vomit.

"That would be great," I managed to say as I flushed the toilet. I quickly washed my mouth out and grabbed the phone. "I swear this baby is trying to kill me, and I have a feeling that deep down he or she is going to be a troublemaker," I said, and Haley giggled.

It makes me actually want to know who the sperm donor is.

No.

"You'll be okay; I'll be over to help you too," she assured me.

"Haley, I'm sorry, but I have to go. Right now I'm hungry after vomiting out everything that I ate, and now I've lost my appetite. Also, my feet are swollen," I said.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," Haley said, and I told her good-bye and ended the call. I started crying at how awful I felt inside. I wanted to eat, but I also didn't want to vomit again. Who knew that being pregnant would be such a hassle? But I'm still happy. I wiped my tears away and placed my hand on my stomach.

"I don't regret getting pregnant," I said, and then smiled.
________