Chapter 6

ACE POV

I was sitting at my desk looking through some files. I couldn't really concentrate on my work because that Solace girl was on my mind. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on my door. Dmitri, you may enter," I said, and the door opened.

"How did you know it was me?" He asked, and I chuckled.

"I know by the way you knock, double tap, and tap," I said, and Dmitri scratched the back of his head then sat down. "So did you get her?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Yeah, she's asleep in the guest room," Dmitri said, and I nodded and stood up. I wonder what she looks like, what if she's ugly?

Yeah, I hope not; we don't want the baby to look weird. The baby has to look like me, if that's the case.

"And in case you are wondering, she's beautiful," Dmitri said, then chuckled, and I rolled my eyes. He was right, and since he said she was beautiful, I was impatient to see her.

As I made my way to the room, I wanted to ask Dmitri how they got her to comply. "So how did you guys get her to come?" I asked, and I saw him gulp. I didn't like that reaction at all.

"Well, we did something to her car, and when she was driving, it broke down, so I walked up to her and asked her if she needed any help," he said, then paused. "But the other guards started approaching her, and she got suspicious and ran, then Ivan walked up to her and drugged her with a cloth thing," Dmitri explained, but his voice got lower in the end.

"What!" I shouted, then banged my fist against the wall, making Dmitri flinch. "I fucking left you in charge; how could you let that happen? I don't want any weird substance entering her body; what if something happens to my baby?" I angrily said.

"I was trying to handle it, but he stepped in without my permission. Plus, if I had that conversation with her, she would think I'm crazy or dangerous; she wouldn't come," he said, and my jaw clenched and unclenched. "I think that was the best idea to get her here; the substance won't be harmful to her or the baby; it just puts her to sleep," Dmitri explained, and I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Fine then, but let Ivan off with a warning. I don't like it when people don't follow orders," I said as I walked into the guest room. My eyes landed on the small, petite girl sleeping on the bed. I took steps closer to her, and Dmitri grabbed my hand. "What?" I asked in annoyance; I just wanted to see her face. I must see what the woman who's carrying my heir looks like.

"I must tell you something. I saw her leaving the hospital, and she was talking to someone while crying. I'm not sure what they said to her or whatever, but she was pretty hurt." Dmitri paused. "Here is her file; that's all you need to know about her," he added, and I nodded, then told him to leave.

What if it's about the pregnancy? What did she find out about what happened at the clinic and decide to abort it? I would definitely kill her for that.

I highly doubt it.

I slowly approached her and examined her whole body. Dmitri was right; she was beautiful. Her curly chocolate brown hair flowed down her shoulders and some onto the bed. Her lashes were long, and her lips were pink and full. She had the cutest little button nose. Her skin tone was beige and clear, meaning she had a glow; it looked soft and smooth. I could just run my fingers along her skin. She looked fit; her ass was round, and her breasts were my favorite. Her ass was the perfect size, and her breasts were medium size, probably 32 b, just how I liked it. I don't really like big-breasted women; I prefer them medium-sized.

You're a fucking creep; stop checking out the woman. How do you even know her bra size by just looking at it?

I'm gifted.

She was sleeping peacefully like an angel; I just couldn't avert my eyes from her. What's a pretty girl like you doing at a fertility clinic? I opened her files and quickly browsed through them. "Rya Solace, hmm... beautiful name," I whispered to myself. I slowly began reading through the files, ensuring that I didn't miss a single detail. Wait, she's single," I said in shock, then looked down at her.

Is she crazy?

Did she really want to do this whole pregnancy and raise a baby all by herself? And it would've been some random dude who she would never meets baby.

So she wanted to be a single mom. I wonder what made her come to this decision. She's incredibly beautiful; she doesn't need to do all that. She could've found a husband or something if she wanted a baby that bad.