chapter 2

RYA POV

I was so excited and nervous at the same time. I was about to get myself pregnant with some random dude's sperm. What was I thinking? Maybe I shouldn't do this. But I do want a baby, so the baby wins. "Rya, let's go!" Haley shouted from down the stairs. I quickly took one last look in the mirror, then sighed to myself.

"When I come back, I'll be a changed woman," I said to myself, then giggled a little. I was wearing a simple white dress and heels, and my hair was in a messy bun.

"I'm coming, Haley!" I shouted back as I made my way out of my room and ran down the stairs.

"You're going to be late for your appointment if you don't get your ass do-," she was about to say when she saw me. I rolled my eyes, then walked up to her.

"We are not going to be late; let's just go a little over the speed limit," I said with a smile, and she laughed.

"If I get a ticket, you're paying for it," she said, and I nodded. We left the house and got into her car. The car ride was silent until Haley broke it.

"Are you having second thoughts about this?" She asked, and I looked at her and then sighed.

"Kinda, but deep down, I really want this," I told her, and she grabbed my hand in hers. Having a baby can cure my loneliness right?

Keep telling yourself that; I bet you'll feel better.

My bestie is busy most of the time, so having a baby around will help me feel a lot better. I can call him or her family, and the baby will always be by my side. I'll do better than my parents did when they were raising me. Flashbacks came into my mind when I thought about my parents.

Flashback

"You are fucking useless and good for nothing; you couldn't even get all As on your test. How do you expect to run my company one day?" My dad shouted at me as he looked through my report card.

"I'm sorry I got an B+ in French, but I did get 100s on the other subjects," I said, and his jaw clenched and unclenched.

"Does it look like I give a fuck? Do better," he said, then threw the report card in my face.

"Look at your little brother; he's doing fantastic, and he's in middle school," he said as he stared at my brother's report card. Tears started rolling down my cheeks, but I quickly wiped them away.

"But I'm in high school, and he doesn't do these subjects. Also, when I was his age, I got better grades than him. See, he even got a C," I said, and dad walked up to me with fury in his eyes.

"He's trying; I'm pretty sure if you had helped him, he would've done better instead of focusing on yourself," he said, and my heart broke.

"That's not my fault, you guys wouldn't let him come near me. I tri-" I was about to say when dad cut me off.

"You are a fucking disappointment; we made a mistake when we decided to keep you; your brother is enough; now leave my site!" Mom joined in, and I took a step back.

"Yeah, you're disappointedment," Lucas said, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"He can't even construct a sentence; how can he not know how to say disappointment, and he's 11?" I softly said to myself as I walked away.

End of flashback

"Rya, are you okay?" Haley asked, and I looked at her. I didn't even realize that I was crying silently.

Yeah, I'm fine." I sniffed, and her hold on my hand tightened.

"Flashbacks again?" She asked, and I nodded, then wiped my tears.

"It's okay, Rya; they can't hurt you anymore," she assured me, and I nodded. "I got you and so will your baby when he or she comes into the world" she assured me and I nodded.

"Thank you," I said in a low voice, and she smiled.

"Okay, we are here; are you ready?" She asked, and I nodded, then gave her a small smile. We got out of the car, and she held on to my hand, then intertwined our fingers together. We walked into the clinic, then walked up to the receptionist.