chapter 5

RYA POV

Today I was about to do my 1 month check up. I was so excited, I wish Haley was here with me but she had to travel, she was like my support partner. I walked into the hospital then took a deep breath. My symptoms for pregnancy was the worst. It was like I got the symptoms two times worst than the usual.

"Good Afternoon, Ms. Solace, I'll be your doctor throughout this pregnancy. My name is Doctor Hines" he said and I smiled. "So you are in your first trimester right?" He asked.

"Yes I am" I replied as he led me over to his desk.

"Okay so I'm going to perform a psychical exam including breast and pelvic exam, also you'll be doing a blood and urine test. I'll also ask you a few questions about your medical history just to ensure that you and the baby will be fine. Don't worry I'll tell about what you should except throughout the rest of your pregnancy and the possible due date." Doctor Hines explain as I took a seat and got comfortable.

"Will I be able to do an ultrasound?" I asked and he chuckled a little.

"Of course you will see your little bundle of joy" he told me and I smiled, I can't wait to show Haley a picture.

"Okay let begin" he said and I nodded.

Everything went by so fast and all my test and exams were finished. Now it was time for the ultrasound. The doctor told me to lay on the bed and lift my shirt, and I did just that. He poured some gel on my flat stomach, then moved the wand around. "There you are," Doctor Hines said, and I squinted my eyes to get a better look.

"Wait, that little thing right there?" I asked, and the doctor chuckled but nodded. "It's so tiny," I said as tears filled my eyes. "Like a little peanut," I said as I stared at the screen. I couldn't take my eyes off the little human being that was growing inside of me. "Can I have a picture?" I asked as he handed me the cloth to wipe off the gel.

"Okay, so you and the baby are perfectly healthy; keep it up Ms. Solace," The doctor said, and I nodded and got up. He handed the pictures over to me, and I couldn't stop staring at them.

As I made my way out of the hospital, I placed the pictures in my bag. Okay, I'll go check on my business; I can't work today because I don't feel good," I said to myself. My phone started ringing, and I wondered who it was.

Maybe it's that friend of yours.

I looked at the caller's ID and saw that it was my dad. I was confused; ever since I left, I've never heard from my family again. I picked up the call and placed it to my ear. "Hey, hello!" I managed to say. My hands started sweating for no reason, and my knees felt weak.

"Hm... how has it been going?" Dad asked.

"I'm okay. Why'd you call? Do you need something?" I asked, hoping he would say no. It was strange talking to him again after the insults he made the last time.

"You are still my daughter, you know, and you still carry my last name. What exactly have you been doing with your life?" He asked, and I was confused.

"I have my own bus..." I couldn't even get to finish my sentence because he cut me off.

"You are so useless, you couldn't even manage your own family's company. You decided to run off and own a stupid business, or whatever the fuck that is. You just keep disappointing me." He said in a calm but serious tone.