Someone Is Expecting a Bit Too Much

We had about a gallon of ice cream pints in the backseat of my car when we got to Chelsea's. I wanted to be prepared for anything.

"I wonder what Tony did to her..." we were both thinking drastically; He cheated, he saw her bad side, the thing is, I couldn't think of anything else. Tony, overall is a great person. However, I didn't know him as much as the next person though.

"Hey Mrs. Holmes. Is Chelsea here?" her mother had dark circles under her auburn eyes, and her eyes were stained with a rose red. I grabbed my hand to my side as I felt myself reaching it up towards her mother. Consoling her was on my mind, but I didn't want to come off weird.

"Right this way girls." her angelic voice was far from her aging face. We followed her to Chelsea's bedroom.

Opening the door, we saw Chelsea with her covers pulled up to her neck, as well as the t.v series Bones playing along with her MP3 player plugged into her ears. The oblivious child didn't see us until we sat down on the bed along side of her.

She shifted her weight to the side, eyeing us, trying to focus on who we were. When realization came, she sat up and took the ear buds out.

"Hey you guys." she muttered. Maybe someone in the family died, maybe that's why they both look somber.

"We were getting worried." I confessed for the both of us. "We brought ice cream hunny." Brooke held up the bag of pints which were filled with ice cream flavors such as Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and cookie dough.

Brooke tossed one to me as well as Chelsea. Is she going to say anything? I thought as I took my first bite of chocolate creaminess. Brooke cleared her throat, thinking the same thing I was.

"Chelsea, we are here if you need to talk." Brooke promised.

"It is bad." she looked down into her cylinder of ice cream. "Like really bad."

"How bad?"

"Like ..." she stumbled off into thought. Are they going to judge me? What are they going to think? It was all in her eyes.

"Look sweetie, we are not going to judge you in any way. Don't feel obligated to tell us anything. We are here even though you want it or not."

Chelsea looked around the room, never fully looking at us. "I suppose you are going to find out sooner or later. I would rather you hear it from me." she stopped, and she began fidgeting with her fingers. Grabbing the Seventeen magazine, she began ripping the edges of the pages. Brooke and I just sat there. Patiently waiting. "Okay, look, you swear you won't judge me. We all make mistakes right?"

"Chelsea, you are one of our best friends. We are here for you no matter what happens. No matter what you did, we are here for you."

"I'm . . . pregnant. " What! That is great! Well, in some ways.

I heard Brooke shrill as she jumped up on her knees, taking a bite of ice cream. It was clear that she was excited.

"It's not Tony's." as soon as she said those words, Brooke went right back to her sitting position.

Time seemed to creep by, no one really knew what to say. I sure as the hell didn't. I just went scoot next to Chelsea. I took off her covers, and laid my head down on her abdomen. As I had my head there, I heard sobs coming from above me. Before I knew it, Brooke crawled over to the other side of Chelsea.

"I don't know what to do. I cheated, I feel like a disgrace. Not only to my family, but to myself." tears began pouring out of her eyes as she choked on her words. "I was drunk, and I didn't know what I was doing. He asked me if I wanted to hang out, and I don't know what was going through my mind. I shouldn't have..."

Who was the father of this baby inside of her? Did they not use protection? Poor Tony, I bet he was heartbroken. After minutes of rambling questions that were bouncing in my head, I finally tuned back into what was being said.

"Listen, we all make mistakes, but guess what Hun?" Brooke grabbed Chelsea's hands tightly and brought them towards her heart. "I will be here for you. I will not turn my back on you. Do you want this baby?" Chelsea began crying once more as she nodded her head, I knew she didn't have it in her to abort her fetus child growing inside of her, hell, I wouldn't either. "Then this baby is going to have the best Aunties in the world." smiles formed in all three of our faces, making them full of light.

"I agree with Brooke. I am not perfect, everyone knows that. This is all happening for a reason right? This baby is meant to be." I laid my hand on her belly, feeling the firmness of her abdomen. "I will be here for you and this baby until the day that I die Chelsea. How far along are you?"

"The doctor says that I am about two months, maybe more. He isn't certain due to my irregular periods in the first place."

"Wait, then how did you find out?" curiosity filled the air.

"My mom. She just knew. I thought I was just sick, I was throwing up or curling myself in a ball to keep my nausea under control. I gained a few pounds, I was starting to eat things I have never eaten before. My mom just knew. I guess a mother's intuition is real." I couldn't believe that her mother just knew. 

"How did your mom take it? I swear, she looks dead." Brooke blurted out. I looked at her in shock, she has no reason to say that. I would have thought that to be rude, but Chelsea just smiled and agreed. I suppose since they have known each other much longer than she and I did then it was alright. I suppose. 

"Obviously not good, but she is here for me, which matters." we drifted off into our own islands of silence as we laid on her bed. Excitement rang through my body, I was beyond excited. Chelsea has no siblings, so it would really be as if Brooke and I are the Aunts to the little baby girl or boy. Her blonde her fell ontop of my face even though I kept shaking it off of me. I ended up just scooting to the edge of the bed to lay down. During our visit, Chelsea went use the restroom at least five times during the two hours that we were there.

"As soon as we find out the sex, we should start buying her stuff. Little by little, and give it to her later." Brooke suggested as we got in my Volvo. 

"That's a really good idea. What do you say about splitting the cost for a crib or a bassinet? Their family is struggling financially." However, both of our parents weren't all that great either financially, but we both had jobs. It was something I wanted to do for myself, start earning money on the side although I am terrible at saving a dollar. Money seems to burn holes in my pockets, but if I could help out one of my best friends, I would keep my shopping addiction under control.

"You have six new text messages from Jake!" Brooke exclaimed as she grabbed my phone. "I wonder what he wants." 

Chelsea's pregnant, and I wonder who the father could be? I bet you would never guess. Let me know what you all think, I look forward to your comments. :*