Racing For the Answers

School - again. What a blessing. Getting to go back to a hell hole was not the ideal thought at the moment. Christmas was over, and it was not nearly as special as I wished for it to be. To think that I spent so much time, effort, and money even on Chelsea and her unborn child for the holidays.

Missed call after missed call from Chelsea, but I never answered a single one. I couldn't. How was I supposed to? What was I supposed to say? Brooke and I got together, only for her to jump on my back about answering Chelsea's calls.

The light mist hit my face making me wish I was at home. Alone. Not surrounded by these people - dang I sound like Scrooge.

"Hey Renee'!" I turned around to see Mr. Jake Richardson fine as ever - no not fine as ever Renee! - calling me. Keep walking? That only worked for a moment before I felt strong hands grasping my arm spinning me around.

"Don't you dare touch me." I snapped, pulling my arm out of his grasp.

"Renee', what is up with you?"

"Ha! You seriously have enough decency to ask me that question?" his eyes widened in shock - but he was nothing more than a conniving little piece of shi-

"Okay, I know we are on bad terms right now, but listen. How about that race you promised me? Me. You. Right now. I will even let you go change first. If I win, I get to ask you the questions. If you win, well I'll let you decide what you want to do with that." he seemed so cocky right then and there, and it took every inch of my strength to not slap him silly. I do have more questions than I can possibly count to ask him, but what if I lose? Will he bury me with a single question? What could he honestly want to ask me? I find he has no right to ask anything..

"You're on."