Blind Dates

"Renee', we are in the living room!" Chelsea called out to me while I went upstairs to put my things in Brooke's room. I caught a glimpse of my reflection, my hair had already begun to look frazzled as it began poking out of the messy bun I prepared a while ago.

Walking into the living room, I saw someone I was not expecting to see. 

Jake Richardson. His broad chest poked out from his tight black shirt, and his brown eyes lit up when they saw me. I felt my heart pounce in my chest like a monkey ready to get out of it's cage. My nerves were getting all out of wack, and I began to feel flushed with heat. 

I suppose I had a confused look on my face because he seemed to notice. "Hey Renee'. I was just going hang out with the guys." he stated, referring to Justin and Tony. I looked up at him, and couldn't help but to feel so short compared to him. He must be at 6'2", taller maybe.

"They are right outside." I put a sly smirk on my face so that he wouldn't think I was trying to get rid of him. I saw Chelsea and Brooke staring at me as if expecting me to jump into his arms. I decided to give them the look. 

What the hell are you guys doing? I mouthed to them as he walked past me to go outside. When they heard the front door shut, they began to explain themselves.

"Alright, Tony asked Chelsea out before school had started," Brooke started, rushing her words a bit too much.

"And we didn't want you to be the only one without a date for this weekends plans! Oh boy it is going to be a blast." Chelsea finished as she began to hop up and down on her toes with excitement reminding me of a seal.

I acted as if I was oh-so-bothered by them trying to hook me up with Jake by rolling my eyes. "Alright, what are the plans then?"

I got a rush of words from the two of them, quickened to such an extent thatbi could barely keep up. Tonight we were all going see The Bride of Chucky in the drive-in movie theater down town. Small town benefits. Tomorrow we were going to Gwen Rose's party, which was apparently supposed to be the hit of the new school year, and I suppose Sunday we will be resting up.

By nightfall, Chelsea was finally dressed, and compared to the rest of us, you would think that she was on the Red carpet. Her dress was a nice shade of green, and it flowed gracefully down to her ankles.

"You do realize that no one will be able to see you." Justin chuckled as if he had just said the next best joke. We all rolled our eyes as we went to our vehicals.

"Hey Renee', would you like a ride?" I turned to  see Jake running to me before I drove off. I shouldn't have, but I glanced at his features for a bit too long. he broad chest, his masculine jaw. Oh how I longed to just reach out to touch the beginnings of a beard. His eyes stared into mine with his lips into a crooked smile.

He noticed.

"Uhm. Yeah - sure. " my mind was fuzzy. I grabbed my purse and took my keys out of the ignition to take him up on his offer.

"Wait, are you wearing P.J's?" laughter began erupting out of my lungs.

"Of course. It's a drive in." he shrugged casually, smiling. He must have changed because I definitely would have noticed the Batman symbols all over his legs earlier.

His Chevy had that new car smell mixed in with my favorite cologne, Axe. I placed my purse over my over exposed thighs and fidgeted a bit too much. Maybe I was a bit nervous.

"You've seen the Chucky movies before haven't you?" he asked, trying to get me into conversating with him.

"Hmm, the first one. Not even all the way either, I couldn't finish it."