Another Day Another Question

Tiffany.

Her spicy red hair only kicked up her attitude times ten. Not that she needed any of that. This girl had plenty enough sass that she would be able to lend some to a dozen people.

Her eyes narrowed at me, and her fist reached the locker causing a shivering anger to jump throughout the halls.

"Answer me!" Pissed. No, that doesn't begin to describe it. Too many emotions were playing in those eyes.

"Is what true?" Playing dumb - not the route I was planning on taking, but what the hell.

It only caused her irritation to bubble more. "You know what I'm referring to. Don't fucking play dumb." She refrained herself from saying anything more, and I could tell by the way she bit the inside of her cheek.

I gave her a sweet smile. "How about you clarify it just a little bit better. You could be referring to your boyfriend going behind your back. Yes, that is a great possibility! Or, you could be referring to your sex God getting my friend pregnant. Which is it babe?" Her expression shifted in ways I wasn't expecting. Oh no, don't feel sympathy Renee'. Don't do it -

My body overruled my thoughts. I placed my hand on her now trembling shoulder. Tiffany had lost control. Her chest heaved from the sobs that shook her. Long, red hair danced across her face. I looked around to see people peering into the conversation. Leading her outside I tried to come up with words to say.

"Tiffany, look -" before I could finish my sentence, her freshly manicured hand had come across my face. The sound of the slap vibrated feverishly. I looked at her in shock as my face burned from her touch.

"Don't! You, you slut!" Her words interrupted me this time before reaching her hand back for another slap in the face.

Clutching her arms in my hands, I tightened my grip. "I didn't do a damned thing, so evaluate the situation first Tiffany. I am sorry that your boyfriend is cheating on you, hell he fucked me over too. We can only move forward right?" My tone became soft towards the end in hopes to ease the situation.

Straightening her back and flattening the ends of her dress, she spoke.

"No. I don't believe it. Jake would never do that to me, and he sure as hell wouldn't have slept with her!" She wiped her tear streaked face before walking away with her head held high.

I'm glad she still has her pride, I muttered to myself.

Thankfully, I had tennis next. A great way to escape into oblivion.

My legs pounded their way across the tennis court. I decided for myself to do conditioning alone for the day. It wasn't like Coach Jones was going to argue with me.

My rib cage ached beneath the shirt that was now sticking to my body. Keep pushing. Keep pushing. The more the thoughts came tickling their way into my mind, the faster I sprinted across my run way. My throat burned from the frigid air, but I just kept thrusting forward.

"Renee', want to stay after and hit?" Brandi asked.

"Sure!" I mentally slapped myself, I completely forgot about Lee. He is probably doing only God knows what waiting for me to get home.

"Actually, I can't. I'm sorry! Soon?" Her blonde curls bounced as she skipped away asking others if they wanted to stay and play a match.

I noticed their heads shaking rapidly. Too cold? I wonder if they realize that if they move around it won't be so freezing outside.

Starting my car, I put the heater on. Normally, I get home right when the heater starts doing it's job.
I honestly feel bad for Tiffany. Even though she is a . . . Selfish, conniving, self centered person, she doesn't deserve to be cheated on. No one does.