Ingeminate

Their hands interlocked with one another, their eyes glancing at each other for minutes at a time, and there I was, standing at my locker - watching.

I tried to look away, but I couldn't seem to find the right "escape route". I was left to stare at the romance flying through the air around them. I felt my throat swell, as the tears began building up into my eyes.

"You okay?" Gwen asked as she stood in front of me. Thankfully she was blocking my view from Jake and Tiffany. That way I wasn't subjecting myself to pure torture. I seemed to not look her in the eyes even though she was standing there, and that must have irritated her a bit because before I knew it, her soft hands grabbed at my chin to shift my face toward her direction. "Are. You. Okay?" she questioned once more, this time expecting an answer - demanding an answer.

I met Gwen this year in Art class. I could tell that she didn't seem to like me at first, in fact she even admitted it to me that she thought I was those stuck up girls.

I may look like one, I told her, but I am not judgmental in most cases.

We opened up to each other, and I seemed to be drawn to her interesting style. The way the baggy t-shirts complimented her flowered skinny jeans, or the darkness of her look. It all seemed intriguing by far. Her artistic style is one of the few. Gwen's black pen seems to always make the perfect strokes across her paper. A tattoo artist is what she claimed she wanted to be after high school. 

"I'm -" what am I?

My brain declairs my stupidity is there a hundred percent, but my heart is squeezing itself apart.

"I'm fine." I lied, which she knew it before the words even slithered out of my mouth. 

"I know I don't look that stupid. Want to talk about it Renee'?" I closed my locker and saw Jake and Tiffany once more before I walked the other way. Their lips had just parted, great. Just great.  The pain began escalating.  I had to look away. Or die trying.

"Look, my first time being with a guy wasn't the best experience. He went from me to the next girl week after week. Anytime after we had sex, he would just leave afterwards or become distant. I understand what you may be feeling now. Talking can help a lot." her long nails pointed in the air as she spoke. She had a point. I just didn't know where to start off at.

She knew we were talking, and then it vanished into thin air. 

We ended up being late to our next period class from talking for a few minutes, not about much but what had happened between Jake and I. Even all the juicy details that had me smiling about the memories that I was describing, even if I did run out on him every time we got close to doing anything too drastic. And even if he is no longer mine to admire as I please.

Now I feel as if I am falling far from his reach.

"Comedy Variety Show is coming up! Come on guys, this is going to be a great experience for each of you as a young actors. We will be getting together to think about ideas for skits. Get together with your group and talk it over."

I googled up information about entertaining skits. Even though I was in a somber mood, laughter erupted out of my vocal box. I knew I had to do this skit. It is based on a little girl, around seven years of age, who has ADD. Her name is Dott, and her father brings a doctor to the house for her to prescribe her with drugs. The little girl is hilarious, she gets her toothbrush stuck into her hair, then a pair of scissors. The father get on edge, irritated at the littlest things, and just waits for her to be prescribed with drugs. The doctor ends up prescribing the father for medicine for him to be more calm. To not get worked up.

All in all, it was a pretty interesting skit. 

"Renee', you are in Musicians Guild, correct?" Mr. Bradley asked me to make sure. I nodded yes. "Okay, well we are signing you all up to sing a song for the Comedy Variety Show. That way there will be some entertainment while the actors get ready." major butterflies began building up in my stomach. I am not sure if I could sing in front of the whole student body. Even if I tried.