Murasakibara Atsushi

-Future Winnie here! This has been completely rewritten! 19/8/2016.-

  The toasty fire warms up your toes as you sit against the couch on the carpet. Your soft breathing echoes around the quiet house as you silently doze off. You run your hand along the base of your stomach as you feel the churning and discomfort of your child. Murasakibara's been working late shifts for wedding venues lately, and he'd leave you alone in the house to lull yourself to sleep. It's not as easy task as you are close to your due date. Atsushi's been hesitant about leaving you alone, but you insist that he take the job as being a patissier is a hard enough job. You hear the door open as your eyes finally flutter shut to allow you to enter the realms of a deep sleep session. The familiar footsteps resonate around you, and you feel his breathing against your neck. As you snuggle into the crook of his neck, he drops a soft kiss to your temple before lifting you up in his arms with ease.

"Hey...Atsushi." you murmur against his chest as he wraps his arms around your body securely. Even with a child inside of you, he doesn't have trouble holding you up.

"I'm home, (Your Name)." he whispers delicately before setting you down on the bed as he climbs into bed with you.

  The satin sheets feels baby smooth against your skin, and you take a deep breath in as the bedding supports your body better, making you even sleepier. You struggle to stay awake for your husband, but he intends to help you fall asleep as he starts to run his large fingers through your hair. His hands feel rough against your cheek when they occasionally brush against it. When you both started dating in high school, you remember how soft and supple his palms felt against your hands when you held them. But now that his whole life and career depends on those same hands, they've been growing accustomed to the constant burns and hardening of flesh.

"You feeling alright today?" he hums against your spine and you nod slightly.

"Mmm...fine." you sigh lazily and a small smile creeps on your husband's face.

  His long arms reach around your body and his large hands cradle your bloated stomach. As soon as his hands make contact, you feel a small kick and jerk back in surprise. Atsushi peers into your face worriedly for a second, but his frown relaxes when yours does. The nudging continues on, and your lover's face lights up every time. Watching him makes your heart flutter, and your sleepiness slowly returns. Just as your eyelids crawl over your hazy eyes, your lips part to let him know how much you love him.

"He'll be coming soon." you breathe before leaning against him as you finally give in to the darkness.

"I'll be a good father, (Your Name)." he promises under his breath. "I give you my word."