Midorima Shintarō

-Future Winnie here! I just edited this one because it wasn't half bad. 12/8/2016-

"(Your Name)! Your grades are dropping and you don't seem to be studying for the upcoming university exams at all!" Your mother and father were discussing your poor grades at the dinner table.

"We decided that you need a tutor!" Your dad says sternly.

"A tutor?!?" You put down your cutlery on the table with a big thump, slamming your fists into the dining table. "I don't need a god damn tutor!"

"Yes you do! And watch your tone missy! You are on the verge of being grounded for a month!" Your mom says threateningly.

"Anyway, he is in your class, and he agreed with us that he will happily be tutoring you until your grades go up! So unless you want to be stuck with him every day until you graduate, just please start taking your work more seriously! Oh, and until we see improvement! You can't go to play basketball." Your dad announces while cutting into his pork cutlet.

"What!?! I can't live without basketball dad! I have a tournament coming up! Do you have any idea how important basketball training is to an ace?!?" You get up and slam the door to your room.

"He'll be here tomorrow after school, so BEHAVE." Your mom calls to your room.

It wasn't like you weren't able to do well, you just get distracted by other things that you are more interested in. The notes you take are decent and you can pull off good grades without really studying. However, with a stern family that only wants you to excel and nothing less, your grades are insufficient. After all, they want you to aim as high as possible, which is understandable. But sometimes you feel like your life revolves around numbers, and it gets quite tiresome most of the time. You heave another discontented sigh as you open the door to your room to find someone already there.

"MIDORIMA!?!" You gawk at the green-haired guy sitting at the table.

"Lower your voice." He whispers to himself as he hitches his glasses up with his finger.

"What are you doing in my house?" You ask dumbly.

 "Why do you ask such stupid questions? I'm obviously here to tutor you." He answers back with slight menace.

"You're the tutor?" You ask weakly.

"Tch." He clicks his tongue. You take that as a yes.

  The session is going surprisingly well, and you really don't expect it to go that way.  Midorima may be someone you don't really talk to in class, but he's very good at explaining things. At least you're learning something from this bizarre moment. He scolds you whenever your mind wanders, and nods approvingly whenever you get something right. You don't really understand why you feel so nervous around him, maybe it's because he's just really close to you. It's in the middle of winter, and you both are hunched over a pile of textbook and notebooks as you attempt to solve a math equation.

"So if the triangle has an unknown...You can use tangent,cosine,or sine to.." 

"Oh, I get it!" you hum as you scribble down a series of formulas for the answer.

"That's right." He confirms and you can't help but strike a victory pose.

"Ugh finally!" you sigh as you practically fall backwards.

"Good work today." he murmurs before grabbing his jacket as he stands. "Today's session is over. I'll see you tomorrow, (Your Name)."

    You try to suppress the urge to ask him to stay for dinner and lead him out of the house. Just before you shut the door, he leans out and hitches his glasses up as he stares at you for a good minute. You stay frozen under his gaze as he comes to his senses. His cheeks flare up, and your own face lights up with a scarlet glow.

"D-did you forget something?" you stutter unintentionally, making the situation even worse.

"N-nope. See you tomorrow." he ushers himself down the hall and just as he is about to enter the lift you decide to call out to him.

"Midorima!" you holler out a little too loudly, but you can't take back your actions now. "Thanks for agreeing to help me out."

"No problem, (Your Name)." he smiles a little. "I'll always be willing to-"

"What did you say?"

"Never mind, I'll be taking my leave."