Takao Kazunari

-Future Winnie here. This has been rewritten. 12/8/2016-

  The bathroom suddenly feels colder than usual as you practically collapse on to the toilet seat. The white pregnancy test in your hand trembles as you struggle to keep your composure. You really just want to break down into tears, you never expected to come across this situation in a million years. You've always been the good girl in life. You never did bad things or messed with the wrong crowds. But life throws you a whole new problem, and you feel too young and naive to be bestowed with an unexpected child. Your eyes peer around the small space and you bite your lip while you decide on your next move.

"What's taking so long in there, (Your Name)? We have to go now!" he calls out as he knocks multiple times.

  Your shoulders jump up automatically and you scramble to hide the evidence. You quickly shove it into the rubbish bin and open the door slowly. You try your best to remain calm and collected, but on the inside you want to just blurt it out. But you can't burden him with the news of an unborn child, he's still got so much to live for, and having a child will only stop him from being the man that he can be.

"You look a little pale, you okay?" he asks with slight worry in his eyes.

"Fine." you mumble under your breath as you get into the car.

  Takao doesn't want to pry, but he can't help but steal small anxious glances in your direction while driving. He tries to keep his attention on the road, but you just seem to let out a very unwelcoming vibe. The dinner event he arranged is spectacular, and beyond all that you hoped for. However, your attention isn't on eating the delicious course, it's completely elsewhere. Takao lets it go on for a while before he finally bursts out by setting his cutlery down on his plate before speaking up.

"Really, (Your Name). What's wrong?" he sighs as if he's tired of your behaviour. "We're out together for once, and you really start to look ungrateful. You know that I don't get to spend much time with you at all."

"No, you've got it all wrong." you whisper under your breath as you tighten your grip on the metal fork in your hand.

"Then you need to tell me what's bothering you, or I'll never know." he runs a hand through his hair and you're just so tempted to just break the news to him.

  Just as you lean over the table to let all your worries out, the waiters pull along a cart with an array of desserts. You inhale the scent of fresh milk and cream, and your insides just jolt up dangerously. Your legs move on their own accord as your brain directs them to the restroom nearby. Takao's eyes widen as he watches you dash out. His brain is clouded with worry, and also with guilt. Why didn't he notice that you were feeling unwell. He follows after you and decides to wait outside. Through the thick walls, he can still hear your retching sounds and his eyebrows knit together in anxiousness . When you barely make it back out, he drapes his jacket over your trembling shoulders before walking you to the car. You both just sit for a second, and tears start to stream down your cheeks.

"Should we go to a hospital? Are you in pain?" he inquires as he begins to start the car.

"Takao." you whisper hoarsely.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant." you stifle a sob with your hand as you bury your face into it. "I didn't want to say anything. I was scared."

"(Your Name)..."

"I'm so sorry, Takao. I should've been more careful. Oh god, we're not even married or anything. How am I going to explain this to everybody?"

"Hey hey, everything's going to be fine." he pulls your shoulders into his supportive arms as he breathes soothing words into your ear.

"What are we going to do?" your voice is muffled into his shirt.

"We'll figure it out. Don't worry (Your Name), we'll take care of this together."