Akashi Seijuro

-Future Winnie here, this has been completely rewritten. 15/8/2016.-

    From the moment you got a glimpse of Akashi Seijuro from the other side of the lawn, you knew that he was going to do great things. Not just because he was the next heir of a big corporation, but because he was genuinely special in your heart. You've met him at the playground a couple of times, but he gets whisked away by his butler before you both get to actually bond. It must've been hard to be raised to be immaculate, you were totally the opposite. As years passed by, Akashi grew even stronger and soon he surpasses everything and everyone in his way. He's never once glanced at you or taken any interest whatsoever. But you never forgot him, and you were right to burn him in the back of your mind.

  As your neighbourhood is surrounded by forest trees, forest fires happened quite often. None of them are quite severe enough to actually create a big deal amongst the people around you, but unfortunate things happen, and you have no idea you'd be caught up in such a big mess. 

  You think that you smell something burning, but that's impossible, you're dreaming right? When you open your hazy eyes, you are jerked awake by the sound of a blaring alarm that pierces through your eardrums. You jump out of bed to let out a series of laboured coughs. The air is musty and it stings both your lungs and your eyes. With your pupils watering, you open the window and take in gulps of comparably fresh air. The sirens wail echoes in the distance, and you crumple to your knees as your head becomes blank. You can't seem to think properly at all, maybe it's all the smoke. Your hands manage to claw your whole body towards the door, and just as you put your hand on the handle, a sizzle reaches your ears and you quickly pull your burnt hand back.

"Ah!" you whimper as you are so surprised that you tumble backwards towards the window again. "Please, someone! Help me!"

    Your heart drops as you know that yelling for aid will do nothing. With your life flashing before your eyes, your breathing weakens and your eyelids droop as you start to lose consciousness. Your hand goes slack and your neck droops as you collapse on to the ground with a loud thud. You still hear the commotion going on around you, including the flickering of the flames that sound to be dangerously close to you. At that moment, a loud crash resonates around you and you feel the sting of the glass as it sprays over your lifeless body. You want to open your eyes and get up, but your muscles do not obey. Your efforts are proven to be in vain, but a strong arm slings you over his shoulder, and through the slits of your eyes you see a twinge of crimson red. His hair is so bright red, that it practically blends in with the flickering fire that threatened both your lives. You only know one person with flaming hair, but the hope you stored inside your heart is almost extinguished. That doesn't stop you from calling out his name though.

"Sei..." you cough with a wheeze and you could've sworn you felt his whole body tense up.

  Unfortunately, you don't have time to say or see anything else, as you completely let yourself be taken into the darkness. It feels so peaceful on the other side of conscience. It's quiet and dark, yet so warm and loving. You feel the presence of millions that have deceased, but you also don't feel them at all. You close your eyes to accept your fate, but a hand grabs you immediately as you try to fall. It pulls you up through the surface, and you break the water with a loud gasp as the air punches through your lungs.

"She's back!" an unfamiliar voice shouts and your body feels tingly, as if you've just been electrified. "Quick, move her into the ambulance!"

      Your body starts to convulse as reality hits you back with full force. It's not just your body that's about to give up on you, but your mind is entirely shattered too. You wince as multiple needles are pierced through your rippling veins and arteries. Your limbs are strapped in and you are unable to move even if you wanted to. Your nose and mouth crackle uncomfortably as the oxygen mask is shoved on them. It's a truly terrifying experience, but your head lolls to the side and you see the man you stood before many years ago.

"S...Sei." you breathe out as your fingers twitch to reach out towards his figure.

  His face hasn't changed much, it's become more sculpted and the age starts to show through his appearance through the endless soot over his features. His entire back is exposed and whatever remains on his body is tattered and burnt into a crisp. His body looks painfully raw from the burns, but he stares painfully towards your direction. The ambulance crew is hovering over you, so he can't get a clear view of what's going on. You want to scream his name, but only a wheeze escapes your mouth. But you clench your fists even tighter and force yourself to raise your voice like you've never done before. You're not going to lose him again, you don't want to be separated from him again.

"SEI." you manage to spit his name loud enough, and it's like a trigger for the man.

  His footsteps grow distant and he finds himself running towards you. Your tears stream down your cheeks and onto the stretcher pillow beneath your supported head. You're immobilised, but your expression says everything. Akashi's heart plunges deep as he feels so guilty. He feels more overwhelmed that he only realised his feelings once you were on the verge of death itself. His warm hand overlaps your rock hard fist and it soon relaxes as your eyelids flutter shut. You lose yourself for good this time, and Akashi finally releases the tears he's been hiding behind his bloodshot eyes as he peers into your sleeping face.

"(Your Name), I'm so sorry."