Yukio Kasamatsu

-may be triggering! WARNING! It will be a little depressing-

  You sit alone at lunch and eat your bento silently while the kids throw food at you once every five minutes. For some reason, everyone picks on you for being different. You chew slowly, not really having an appettite to eat anything. Suddenly you feel a small jab on your arm, you yelp and turn to find a lead pencil being jabbed into it. The lead pierces through your skin deeply, and the whole thing stays suspended in midair as you feel the tears streaming down your face. You endure the pain, but let out a whimper as one of them takes it out, allowing a small stream of blood to drip off your elbow and on to the floor.

"It got stuck on your fat arm, how hilarious." you hear them sneer and you quickly wipe away your tears, hoping that your emotions would stabilise soon before class starts.

  School is a dreaded place where you feel unsafe and tormented. You don't really understand why it's always you. You're their target, and you really don't have much to protect yourself with. You belong in the minority section, and with the majority bullying you, you decide that you have no other choice but to endure it. It's not like you didn't try fighting back before, it's the fact that the bullying got worse if you retaliated. You didn't want to stoop down to their level, so you let them treat you the way they do. But there is always one place where you like to hang out before heading home. It's your only safe place where the people there actually respect you for what you do. To everybody else, being a manager of a basketball team is something else to tease you about. But to you, it's an escape where you feel needed and validated for what you can do.

  The basketball court is bustling with activity, and you sit on the bleachers as you observe and tally the points each team makes. There's a practice match for the first years today, and you want to make sure that you have all the data to help them improve and better themselves as basketball players. Kaijo is known to be one of the most skilful teams in the high school league, mainly because one of the basketball prodigies decided behind the tall walls of the school. As you scribble down things on your notepad, you feel a presence in front of you and you look up to see Yukio dripping in sweat. No matter how tired he is, he gives you a shy grin before taking a seat next to you. As he is the captain, you both frequently discussed the progress and possible backtracks the team has made over the course of this game.

"Hey, (Your Name)." he greets with a small sigh. "Anything new with these kids?"

"Nope, everything looks good." you reply with a small smile and return your attention to your clipboard.

  The captain peers into your face as you concentrate, and his blush grows more noticeable the longer he stares. He can't really help himself though. He's always been very difficult around girls, especially around those he fancied. He's been crushing on you ever since you took on the job of being the team's manager. But you don't really seem to notice much, as he often just admired you from the distance. The short conversations you'd have made his day, and he loved seeing you smile. However, there is something off about you recently, and he just can't really figure out what's wrong. He's watched you enough to notice the puffiness around your eyes and the small bruises that appear out of nowhere. He's suspected as much, but he noticed you eroding away inch by inch, and could really do nothing about it.

"H-hey, has everything been okay with you lately?" he pops the question and instantly feels the atmosphere tense up.

"Y-yeah, I guess. Why do you ask?" you answer elusively.

"I just worry about you, you seemed a little sad these past days." he shrugs.

"I'm fine, really."

  It's been a few days since you've said that to him. But as weeks go by, you grow tired. Not just mentally, but physically as well. The tormenting has gotten so bad that you start to have nightmares. You lose your appetite frequently, and get little to no sleep on a daily basis. You're so worn out, that you don't have the strength to keep up with your manager job. You wouldn't have been surprised if they had replaced you already, but your mind is a wreck. It's finally on one evening, where you finally break down into tears alone. You hide out behind the hallways as everybody had already left beforehand. Your back slides down the wall as the tears slip through your already swollen eyes. Your hands are pressed against your mouth tightly as you're afraid someone will hear you. 

"(Your Name)?" a familiar voice echoes from the other end of the hall and you instantly start to wipe your tears away frantically, but it doesn't really help your situation.

  Yukio runs towards you and he grabs ahold of your shoulders desperately. His eyes scan how terrible you look, and he quickly pulls you into his chest to calm you down. You clutch his shirt tightly in your fists as you wail into it, your muffled cries cause Yukio's heart to palpitate in pain. He hated to see you like this. His arms tighten around you, and he strokes your hair comfortingly.

"It's okay, (Your Name). I'm here for you."