Chapter 30

Four POV
No no no no this cannot be happening. This cannot be happening! She can't die, not like this! I pick up her unconscious frame and rush to the hospital. As I enter the clean distinctive hospital smell penetrates my nose. I gag and rush towards the front desk. "What's wrong?"a dauntless woman asks, sounding bored without looking up from her magazine.

"She's been shot!" I screech,"She's been shot, my Tris has been shot! She could be dying!" The nurse tries to calm me down but it's no good. They take Tris and someone forces me into a bright orange, plastic chair. I swear it's like they give the most uncomfortable furniture possible to hospitals to make the whole experience more uncomfortable.

I wait for what seems like hours and it probably is hours. I get a few calls but I ignore them, texts too. The only thing on my mind is Tris. Nothing can happen to her. She's gone through more in her short life than anyone should in all their life. She's the most brave, intelligent, selfless, honest and kind person I've ever met. She's certainly the bravest stiff, especially putting up with a Candor smart mouth for a best friend.

A doctor eventually comes out and I rush over to him. He has a grave look on his face and I immediately know, she's gone. She's gone for good. "Mr Eaton. I have some news. Miss Prior is alive and in a stable condition but where the bullet wounded her body, the long term effect is that she will never have children. I'm very sorry. But at least she's safe and well." he tells me. I nod but all I can think is, she can't have children, no children, none. Am I ok with that? Is she ok with that? We never mentioned it but I always assumed we would someday. "Have you told Tris yet?" i ask. He shakes his head and replies,"I thought it would be better if you where there." I nod. Better for me or better for Tris?
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰Hey guys! So slightly sad chapter, I'm such an evil person! But, hey, at least she didn't die. Please tell me what you thought. Bye guys! 😊💕