Chapter 12

Four POV
I can't believe it. My life is actually starting to fall into place. I've got a good job, working with great people. But most importantly I have my Tris back. She's my everything and I don't think I could live without her.

But what will I do if she does have to go back to New York? I probably couldn't go too, me being a leader. She has to stay, she has to.

"What you thinking about?" a soft voice whispers. I look up and see Tris looking at me. "Oh nothing. Just thinking how perfect my life is with you back in it." I answer. She blushes and says, "Well, I hate to say this but you really shouldn't get used to things the way they are. You do realise I might have to go back. I don't want to, I hate the fact that it could break your heart, I hate it. So please maybe until the meetings over and we get an answer, maybe until then we should stay away from each other..." she trails off and I stand there shocked. Did she really say that? "I mean I don't want to, God you don't know how much I missed you but I think it's for the best. As soon as I get the answer I'll tell you. Then we decide what we are going to do. Ok?" she asks.

I nod and she looks at me with sad eyes, "I wish it didn't have to be like this. You know I've waited so long for this too. I'll tell the rest of the gang what you said. I figured you wouldn't want to hurt them either." I tell her. She nods and looks away. "I guess this is goodbye." she says as she wraps her arms around me. "Lets not say goodbye, goodbye sounds permanent. Lets just say see you later, ok?" I say. We pull away and she kisses my cheek. "See you later." she says as she walks away. And even though she's not facing me I can tell she's crying.

I wish that I could go after her, but what we are doings for the best. I sigh and walk back to my apartment. I can still see where Tris was last night, I can still smell her scent on the pillow. How could everything fall into place, and then shatter into a million pieces in one day?
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 Hey guys!! So sorry for the sad chapter but don't worry I'll figure something out. Please comment what you thought! Bye guys! 😊💕